Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

My Latest Ranger setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Guild Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
Artemis
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject: My Latest Ranger setup Reply with quote

Getting back into Guild Wars, during my time off WoW Wink

Been messing around, playing with skills and came up with something I'm really enjoying.

First off, I'd like to thank either Kenshin, maybe it was MI, who brought up the Sloth hunter's shot or whatever, it really is a nice shot Twisted Evil

Alrighty then...

Attributes:
Expertise: 16 (Superior Expertise Rune on head + Expertise Head.)
Marksmanship: 14 (Major Marks Rune anywhere.)
Remainder of points anywhere.

Skill bar: (order dosn't matter)
1: Sloth Hunter's Shot - +24, another +33 if not using skill.
2: Point Blank Shot - +42 at half range.
3: Zojun's Shot - +42 at half range.
4: Throw Dirt - Blind target and adjacent foes for 16sec
5: Lightning Reflexes - +33% attack speed for 11sec
6: Rapid Fire - 24sec of +33% attack speed
7: Expert Focus - -2 energy off shots, +11damage to shots
8: Favorable Winds - +6damage to shots

Instructions (lol -shoot things Rolling Eyes ):

Shot CD's are decent enough where you can rotate them ZS/PBS every single shot throwing the SHS in there as its CD is up, and given the enemy isn't using a skill.

Throw dirt to blind nearby enemies, as you're using close range attacks you may catch some more agro than an ele nuking from further back.

Lightning Reflexes for the speed boost when using Expert Focus.

Put both Rapid Fire and Expert focus in there cause sometimes I get lazy and just wanna AFK auto shot something real quick and let the henchies finish it off. But Expert Focus at the given attribute count is -2energy per shot, and +11damage per shot.

Favorable winds is another +6 Damage.

Downfalls:

With this right here, and given im lazy at times Rapid fire could be replaced for a rez.

Also, there is no way to heal yourself and your Wilderness survival is only going to reach 4, counting lefover attributes and a minor WS rune. (5pips of regen on Troll Ungunt(sp?))

Fixes:

Remove Rapid Fire, and Favorable Winds for a Group friendly self healing High damage output build that also has rezzing capabilities.

Personal notes:

Pull with Sloth hunters shot, often pull mobs hiting for 80-115 damage with the additional 5 damage from a Vamp bow.

After a pull, run in on a target throw dirt and start your point blank shots. With winds/preperation you're adding 17 damage to shots, and since you'll only be fireing those three shots thats anywhere from 59-74 promised damage on any mob regardless of armor ratting.

This build is entirely energy efficient. With Expert Focus, and the 16 Expertise you're shots (all 10energy) cost 1 energy, maybe 2 energy at 3pips of energy regen.

Because you're set energy wise, you can put most health runes on your gear over energy ones, increasing survivability and justifying (imo) not having a self heal, this of course in combination with using throw dirt every time the CD permits.

Depending on group, if grouping, but if you're just henching it up. Swap targets often, chances are you'll get 2-3 shots off unless its a boss before its dead.

Cool - I destroy things with this, lmao...

-Artemis

"Sidekick"

Author
{uZa}Lonesome Eagle
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I have to dust my ranger off again... Wink

Thanks!

Eagle

________

Author
Spamitarium
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great build, I use something very similar. My only suggestions would be:

*Drop Expert's Focus for an elite. 2 preparations is a waste.
*Bring an elite like Prepared Shot. +24 damage and +3 energy (8-5=3) isn't all that bad.
*Or, you can drop Expert's Focus and Rapid Fire for 1 skill+Glass Arrows. Glass Arrows is an elite preparation, and it gives +21 to all arrows, and causes bleeding if the arrow is blocked.

Author
{uZa}Canadian Girl
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a good build Arty!!! I will have to try it out.

Smile

Author
Artemis
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spamitarium wrote:
Great build, I use something very similar. My only suggestions would be:

*Drop Expert's Focus for an elite. 2 preparations is a waste.
*Bring an elite like Prepared Shot. +24 damage and +3 energy (8-5=3) isn't all that bad.
*Or, you can drop Expert's Focus and Rapid Fire for 1 skill+Glass Arrows. Glass Arrows is an elite preparation, and it gives +21 to all arrows, and causes bleeding if the arrow is blocked.

Hmm, I like...

I'll have to go get Glass arrows after I go lower my insurance by switching to, er I mean going to Drivers-ed tomarrow Rolling Eyes - I threw Screaming shot in there last night just playing around, was nice bleed when I'm in close for the point blank shots, however preparation that adds another 10damage and bleed on block definately sounds better.

Before I even picked up Expert Focus, the previous setup was energy efficient enough, it only solidfied staying above 25energy 100% of the time, assuming no drain effects Wink

Crit a creature, assuming its a crit for being so high, for 119+5 damage last night before I went out.

Find that between this build and the dual nukers Im carrying around in my hero slots im killing regular mobs far to fast to run this build, but against higher health foes where you can get off a couple shots, though only better for your personal damage. Never is a bad thing to tear through trash mobs though with 2 meteor showers, fireballs, meteors, and one point blank shot, lmao.

-Art Wink

"Sidekick"

Author
Spamitarium
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A VERY fun combo to use with Glass Arrows is:

Conjure skill of some sort.
Glass Arrows.
Triple Shot/Dual Shot.
Point Blank/Zojun's Shot.

I spy huge numbers Laughing

Author
Artemis
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went out and bought a Vamp Shortbow of Fort. Custimized, and added my 15%^50 damage inscription. 3 shot a level 20 charr... 139 Sloth, 120 Zojun's, 126 PBS, and lastly 15 vamp damage...

This was just Glass Arrows and a hero's Favorable winds, besides the weapon change.

Far as the conjured weapons, going to have to try that... Combined with the hex that ignites foes upon fire damage from the 2 Nukers i carry with me, I'd be able to light up targets at the same time as getting near a 150 damage (total) shot...

Brainstorming is nice... Definately going to be a fun build for bosses and running the dungeons out there now.

"Sidekick"

Author
Artemis
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the final setup, I have no plans to change it unless mobs become weak against a different damage type.

Attributes:
Expertise - 16
Marksmanship - 13
Fire Magic - 6

Skills:
Sloth Hunter's Shot 23+32 (down 2 damage for -1marks)
Zojun's Shot 42
Point Blank Shot 42
Throw Dirt
Lightning Reflexes
Mark of Rodgort ignite2sec
Conjure Flame 11
Glass Arrows (elite) 21

definately no self healing though XD

"Sidekick"

Author
Spamitarium
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Healing is for monks Laughing

I love this build, it destroys anything and everything.

Author
Artemis
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep to both. Wink I actually took Mark of Rodgort out of my nukers setup, and added Searing Heat and now have 4 going out within the same 4sec time frame.

Here's their setup. And most of my elementalist setups revolve around Elemental attunment and XAttunment to keep the energy regen stable.

Skills:
Elemental Attunment - 50%energy back
Fire Attunment - 30%energy back +1
Meteor - 112+KD
Rodgort's Invocation - 120+burn
Meteor Shower 37dps/9
Searing Heat - 40dps/5
Teinai's Heat - 40dps/5
Fire Storm - 35dps/10

Solid setup, high damage, always casting unless everything is on a cooldown, promise Wink - Exaustion isn't a problem, and the more 25 energy skills out there the better. 80% energy back +1 per cast, never had to wait up for energy.

"Sidekick"

Author
Spamitarium
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd drop Fire Storm for Breath of Fire, based on that set-up.

Author
{uZa}KENSHIN
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a Ranger build I came up with:

Skill bar: (irresistible blow, hammer bash, crushing blow, lightning reflexes, None shall pass, escape(E), troll unguent, and For great justice)

Expertise:14
Wilderness survival:7
Hammer Mastery:12
great pvp build but I have not yet tested in pve.
It applies a lot of pressure verse casters with kds and is pretty good against melee bc u can put up a 75% blocking defense almost at all times I have been thinking about dropping for great justice and using antidote signet for blindness, poison, etc. Hope you enjoy.

Author
{uZa}KENSHIN
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second build of mine needs 2 rangers or someone to spam great dwarf weapon all need is barrage, great dwarf weapon, dwarven stability, lightning reflexes, and favorable winds. You could add a conjure for even more firepower if you want to. Reason to have 2 rangers or someone spamming great dwarf weapon is bc you can only cast it on other allies not on your self so either you have the rangers cast it on each other or you have a monk or rit do it. Great dwarf weapon will give your arrows +20 to your attack and the real kicker is it also has a 40% chance of knocking down your enemy. Using dwarven stability with lightning reflexes and having 14 in Expertise will give you 22 seconds with 33% faster firing rate. I have been wanting to test this down in the elite areas maybe we can get together and try it. Enjoy

Author
Spamitarium
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{uZa}KENSHIN wrote:
Second build of mine needs 2 rangers or someone to spam great dwarf weapon all need is barrage, great dwarf weapon, dwarven stability, lightning reflexes, and favorable winds. You could add a conjure for even more firepower if you want to. Reason to have 2 rangers or someone spamming great dwarf weapon is bc you can only cast it on other allies not on your self so either you have the rangers cast it on each other or you have a monk or rit do it. Great dwarf weapon will give your arrows +20 to your attack and the real kicker is it also has a 40% chance of knocking down your enemy. Using dwarven stability with lightning reflexes and having 14 in Expertise will give you 22 seconds with 33% faster firing rate. I have been wanting to test this down in the elite areas maybe we can get together and try it. Enjoy

The +20/40% from GDW is only if you have r10 Deldrimor.

Either way, it is very fun to use Smile I actually use something similar.

Author
{uZa}KENSHIN
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spamitarium wrote:
{uZa}KENSHIN wrote:

The +20/40% from GDW is only if you have r10 Deldrimor.

Either way, it is very fun to use Smile I actually use something similar.
Yeah that is true but you can have a rit or ele or monk for that matter throw it on you and as long as they are r10 then you get the max for that skill and being a r8 or better for dwarven stability is fine, you are only losing 10% at R8 so no big loss there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Guild Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: