Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Xbox 360 breaking my discs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Game Consoles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
SnipeElite
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Xbox 360 breaking my discs. Reply with quote

This happened to my Rock Band about a week ago, and is the most severe case. Apparently, the 360 does not have a feature to keep the disc firmly in place while it is spinning or something, and it has made a clean ring on the bottom of my disc, and boom, game is broken. No more rocking out for me. At least for a little while. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm going to bring it to GameCrazy to see if they can use their magical equipment and get rid of the scratch.

Author
{uZa}Double_D
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my friend just did that with his ncaa 09 disc if u move the xbox while a disc is in u will get sratches like crazy that wont come off

Author
Spamitarium
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't move your 360 while the disc is spinning. It throws it off, and it burns a ring in the disc. You can get it repaired by one of those really expensive disc buffers.

Author
SnipeElite
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? There is a game store called GameCrazy nearby that buffs discs for about 3 dollars.

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's definately only from moving your 360 while it's on. I've learned that even when its off to not move it if you don't have to. If you're going to transport it to another location, take the disk out first. It will increase your 360's life. Well, you could still get the red ring at any time. Laughing Evil or Very Mad

Author
SnipeElite
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 bucks to get a disc buffed at Hollywood Video turned out to be an epic win. Good ol' Rock Band works now.

And, Munky, i have the Elite, and besides the fact that that makes me awesome and chicks dig it, supposedly there's less RedRingage.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Game Consoles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: