Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Fallout 3.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Game Preview/Review
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
:[GOB]:JackC
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Fallout 3. Reply with quote

Is anyone picking this up?

It's by Bethesda (Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion) and looks promising. I'll be one of the many noobs who have never played a previous Fallout game but I hear great things about them and this should be another one of Bethesda's classics. I loved Oblivion and some people are already calling this "Oblivion with guns"

Sounds cool to me Smile

Author
{uZa}Lonesome Eagle
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Fallout 3. Reply with quote

:[GOB]:JackC wrote:
Is anyone picking this up?

It's by Bethesda (Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion) and looks promising. I'll be one of the many noobs who have never played a previous Fallout game but I hear great things about them and this should be another one of Bethesda's classics. I loved Oblivion and some people are already calling this "Oblivion with guns"

Sounds cool to me Smile

Not my cup of tea I'm afraid. I played it for an hour or so but not sure I am going back. It's an RPG with some "FPS" features for the most part. Maybe it's just that I am burned out on the entire "future / post apocalypse" genre, but I found it hard to warm up to.

You wander around picking up things and completing quests, the point of which is to add points to a "skill matrix" where you increase strength, intelligence, charm, lockpicking, explosives, etc. Then your success in combat, with is a very weird combination of FPS and console-ish turn-based fighting is largely based on your points in different skills.

The interaction with the people in the game is very much like a console game, and not a terribly recent one either. You walk up to a person, click on them, they say something, and you pick a response from a list. Depending on the response you give, they can do different things. The dialog is just terrible in my opinion.

________

Author
Knight
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya....Ive heard fallout 3 isnt all it was cracked up to be..then again NEVER FOLLOW HYPE lol.The more the hype the worse the game is...and besides the most fallout 3 is getting ripped a new one for...is that its pretty much oblivion....just in the future

Author
{uZa}Capt.Spamada
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try playing the game..

I have been playing and its good fun. I played the other fallouts wayyyy back when, and this is great.
I was a big fan of Oblivion and this isnt Oblivion, it has similarities but im not complaining.
Alot to do on the game, will keep you going for a long time.

for Eagle, it was never suppose to be a straight FPS game, and the first hour is the most slow part of the game, so you gave up to quick.

Author
:[GOB]:JackC
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{uZa}Capt.Spamada wrote:
try playing the game..

I have been playing and its good fun. I played the other fallouts wayyyy back when, and this is great.
I was a big fan of Oblivion and this isnt Oblivion, it has similarities but im not complaining.
Alot to do on the game, will keep you going for a long time.

for Eagle, it was never suppose to be a straight FPS game, and the first hour is the most slow part of the game, so you gave up to quick.

I agree.

I'm not sure Eagle was expecting an FPS but if you DO go into this thinking that, then you are in for a disapointment. The gunplay is mediocre at best but then again it's not meant to be a CoD4 clone.
I wouldn't say the game is getting ripped apart. In fact it's getting good reviews, it's just not AS good as people were expecting. Then again I never followed the hype so I wasn't disapointed either way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Game Preview/Review All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: