Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

What is NvCpl and do I remove it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> All Things Computers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
{uZa}Studdog +SC+
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: What is NvCpl and do I remove it? Reply with quote

My computer starts and shortly after windows loads up the screen goes blank and there is no harddrive activity. The problem started yesterday. Only changes yesterday were new Nvidia Video driver and update to Avast antivirus.

Today, I have spent the last six hours fighting my computer. Starting in safe mode making changes and restarting. I've ran a deep virus scan and tried everything else I can think of.

Eventually I narrowed it down to something with Nvidia. I then tried all the correct steps for uninstalling and reinstalling, but get the same issue. The only way my PC will run (other than safe mode), is if I disable "NvCpl" in startup. Whatever this is, if I do anything in the Nvidia control panel and then restart the PC, it will restart itself and the problem starts over. I then have to restart in safe mode and disable it again. Does anyone know what this is and what I can do about it?

Here's what is listed in start-up that is causing the issues:

Author
{uZa}Lonesome Eagle
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: What is NvCpl and do I remove it? Reply with quote

{uZa}Studdog +SC+ wrote:
My computer starts and shortly after windows loads up the screen goes blank and there is no harddrive activity. The problem started yesterday. Only changes yesterday were new Nvidia Video driver and update to Avast antivirus.

Today, I have spent the last six hours fighting my computer. Starting in safe mode making changes and restarting. I've ran a deep virus scan and tried everything else I can think of.

Eventually I narrowed it down to something with Nvidia. I then tried all the correct steps for uninstalling and reinstalling, but get the same issue. The only way my PC will run (other than safe mode), is if I disable "NvCpl" in startup. Whatever this is, if I do anything in the Nvidia control panel and then restart the PC, it will restart itself and the problem starts over. I then have to restart in safe mode and disable it again. Does anyone know what this is and what I can do about it?

Here's what is listed in start-up that is causing the issues:

You only need the nvcpldaemon process if you are overclocking your video card through software.

Get Autoruns (see my software thread in this aresa) and "uncheck" the entry for NvCplDaemon so it won't keep restarting with Window. You might also try setting the Windows Service "Nvidia Display Driver Services" to "manual" instead of "automatic".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> All Things Computers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: