Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

32bit vs. 64 bit???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> All Things Computers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
{uZa} mattbaker
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: 32bit vs. 64 bit??? Reply with quote

My son just purchased a laptop (Everex SR7200T) and believes it comes with a 32bit operating system (Vista Home Premium). The laptop has an intel core duo 2 processor (64bit) and 2 gigs of ram. The 2 gigs of ram is the max the motherboard will support. My question is: If the OS that was included is 32 bit is there any benefit to install a 64 bit OS?

Thanks

Author
{uZa}Lonesome Eagle
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 32bit vs. 64 bit??? Reply with quote

{uZa} mattbaker wrote:
My son just purchased a laptop (Everex SR7200T) and believes it comes with a 32bit operating system (Vista Home Premium). The laptop has an intel core duo 2 processor (64bit) and 2 gigs of ram. The 2 gigs of ram is the max the motherboard will support. My question is: If the OS that was included is 32 bit is there any benefit to install a 64 bit OS?

Thanks

Not much. The primary advantage of 64bit is to address more than 4gig of memory. He will see almost no benefit going to 64bit Windows.

________

Author
{uZa} mattbaker
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Eagle.

Author
Morgoth
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So true... the hype involved with a 64 bit system is pointless... software.. and hardware see no need for it yet in a moderate system. When it comes to making the games we play, and making the software we use... a 128 bit system is useful.

http://docer.blogspot.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> All Things Computers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: