Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Copying

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> All Things Computers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
{uZa}Double_D
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Copying Reply with quote

Alright Guys say I have the call of duty 5 disc but want to make a back up of it so i copy all the data from the disc to a folder on my desktop i try to copy it all to another dvd but I can't because data is to big anyone know how to do this?

Author
{uZa}Lonesome Eagle
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Copying Reply with quote

{uZa}Double_D wrote:
Alright Guys say I have the call of duty 5 disc but want to make a back up of it so i copy all the data from the disc to a folder on my desktop i try to copy it all to another dvd but I can't because data is to big anyone know how to do this?

The game may be on a DVD9 disk (9gig instead of 4.5) I have never looked to see. There are blank DVD9 (double density) DVD's you can buy so you can burn all the file to a blank, but be aware that it won't work anyway. The disk is copy protected and you will NOT be able to play the game from the burned copy. There are ways around this involving software like Alcohol 120% and such, but basically you just can't....

________

Author
{uZa}Studdog +SC+
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will fit on a regular DVD, but you will need to bypass the copy protection as Eagle stated.

You could just use the original disc as a back-up and put it away.
To do this, just make an ISO file of the original disc and mount it in a virtual drive to play the game.

If you play the game a lot, then just leave the ISO mounted in the virtual drive at all times.

There are many programs that will do this.
Try Alcohol 120% with Alcoholer, or Game Jackal
Both are good programs to do this.

Personally I love doing it this way, I hate looking for discs or shuffeling them in and out of drives when the drive is needed for something else.
Then I have to worry about lost or scratched discs.

This seems to work better for me than the NO CD/DVD tweaks because sometimes when you update a game the NO CD/DVD tweak will need to be replaced with a newer version if/when available.
I just bypass the headache and use ISO's all the time, and it works well for me.

Author
{uZa}Double_D
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i haven't really gotten into the iso files yet so i'll try looking into it and stuff

Author
{GBI}Harryball
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its 8 gig so it wont fit on a dvd 5 you will need a double layer disc. I have a back up of the game. One of my clan guys is lucky, his disc was damaged right out of the package. I burn him off a copy and his keyed worked fine. Very Happy If you need a hook up, let me know. Wink PM me

Author
{uZa}Lonesome Eagle
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{GBI}Harryball wrote:
Its 8 gig so it wont fit on a dvd 5 you will need a double layer disc. I have a back up of the game. One of my clan guys is lucky, his disc was damaged right out of the package. I burn him off a copy and his keyed worked fine. Very Happy If you need a hook up, let me know. Wink PM me

What did you use to copy it? Alcohol 120% or something else? I have heard of folks copying the disk and playing the single player ok, but having it fail playing the multiplayer (where it actually checks the disk when initializing).

I'm all for having a backup copy of the disk, as it gets taken in and out a LOT. (unless you go the .ISO/virtual drive route like Stud, I just don't want to give up 8 gig of hard drive space to save taking it in and out, I don't play it that often)

________

Author
Morgoth
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think the combo of game jackyl and clone dvd would work fine... so long as you are playing with a legit serial of your own.

http://docer.blogspot.com/

Author
{GBI}Harryball
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a program called subsonic reader, that works well. Its very old, im not sure you can get it anymore lol. but it breaks down the program bit by bit. Very Happy Make an iso, and store on my external. Very Happy

{GBI}CLanserver
66.55.142.20:28960

Author
Morgoth
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{GBI}Harryball wrote:
I have a program called subsonic reader, that works well. Its very old, im not sure you can get it anymore lol. but it breaks down the program bit by bit. Very Happy Make an iso, and store on my external. Very Happy

Added to that, you may still want to run Game jackyl.. a very reliable driver... if you update it often.

http://docer.blogspot.com/

Author
{GBI}Harryball
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgoth wrote:
{GBI}Harryball wrote:

Added to that, you may still want to run Game jackyl.. a very reliable driver... if you update it often.

Will do thanks. Wink Very Happy

{GBI}CLanserver
66.55.142.20:28960

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> All Things Computers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: