Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Help with PB/Reinstall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Call of Duty 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
Lt. Newcastle
Frag Bait

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Help with PB/Reinstall Reply with quote

Hi again. I know I haven't played here in a long time, but I need help and thought I'd try here. And sorry, but this concerns COD4. It's just that this is your most trafficked forum at the moment.

So here's the problem. There was a PB update for COD4 about a week ago. I wasn't able to update automatically or manually. My comp wouldn't let me save the PB files for some reason. Then I uninstalled, hoping to pick everything up in the reinstall. Now, the game doesn't give me the option to reinstall. It only gives me the uninstall option.

This isn't the first time a PB update has given me a problem in COD4. It seems to need a manual update every time, and there's a lot of kicking before things get straight.

So, any ideas on what I need to do. I'm about to chuck the game. May be time to move on from COD4 anyway. Does anyone still play UO? Thanks in advance.

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure your firewall is not blocking Pkbstr A or Pkbstr B and that they are allowed to run as a service. UO! We do not have a server anymore. We do have a custom map COD 5 server though.

http://tinyurl.com/yobjfs

Author
Lt. Newcastle
Frag Bait

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{uZa}Renegade wrote:
Make sure your firewall is not blocking Pkbstr A or Pkbstr B and that they are allowed to run as a service. UO! We do not have a server anymore. We do have a custom map COD 5 server though.

I've gotten a ticket at evenbalance, but unfortunately I'm still at a loss to fix this PB issue. I'm able to save the PB update thing from EB, but when I go to open it I get a blank document in Mozilla. Where is the install wizard? I think I just give up. I've tried this every which way and can't get it straight. If only PB would auto update like it did in the old days. And this is affecting every single game I have now. Can't play a single game. Whether it's a Vista issue or whatever, it sucks.

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have vista and mine all updates fine.Not that, that is any help to you.

http://tinyurl.com/yobjfs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Call of Duty 5 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: