Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Want to or plan to buy BF2142? Read this

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> BattleField
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
Commando
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Want to or plan to buy BF2142? Read this Reply with quote

EA has confirmed that BF2142 will be coming out this year and well before the Christmas season. As of 8/30/06, the official release date is at or around Oct. 15.

Here are some links where you can pre-order:

Amazon (Free Flash Drive if you click "Buy Both and Save" Flash drive size is 64 MB
EB Games
NewEgg
Best Buy

PUBLIC BETA: Currently, if you are an IGN/FilePlanet subscriber, you can try out the public beta of BF2142. If you feel like blowing $5 just for a beta, you can do so here: http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/bf2142/

CURRENT BF2 PLAYERS/VETERANS: If you go here, you can reserve your current screen name (or make a new one) and also enter your BF2 account and get these benefits:
Quote:
As a reminder of your heroic efforts in Battlefield 2, we are pleased to announce that you will also be awarded an exclusive Veteran indicator next to your name in Battlefield 2142, so other players will recognize that you’ve had a tour of duty in Battlefield 2. You will also receive an immediate promotion in Battlefield 2142, which will let you choose an unlock. Finally, you will receive a new verbal taunt to use in Battlefield 2.

I highly recommend that you take this oppurtunity. You'll get an edge over everyone else when the game comes out. For those of you who don't have BF2, sorry, you're out of luck. Sad

Official BF2142 Website: http://www.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/bf/

Here are some screenies for your viewing pleasure

See you on the battlefield!

Author
Exodus
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my review senors

2142 is great fun, even though they just slapped some futureistic skins on everytihng and made weapons shoot things that are blue. Blue is the color of the future, dunno y. But Titan mode is just friggin awesome.

APC's have pods in the gunner seats which u can use to launch up to storm enemy titans. Also the guneners in APC's can actualy get kills now, no more useless APC riding.

They did add some stuff like the hover tank. Also Tanks now dont have machine guns, inside right click is resvered for scoping in. So you can long range tank snipe.

My favorite additon to the game has to be the Titan itself. RIght before your Titan is gona be stormed the enemy starts to cluster in the spawns around it. Well Titans have MASSIVE guns inwich u can blast the living jesus out of anything dumb enough to stand stil on the ground. Preety Hilarious when you blast the SHIATE out of a infantry unity with a massive lazzer cannon.

Just my little write up on 2142.

(LOTS OF BUGS) hope they fix those.

Author
intense
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just figured out my password and all that, here's what it said after I finished registering:

Congratulations, you have successfully signed up as a Veteran. The first time you log in to Battlefield 2142 you will see a confirmation of your Veteran status. See you on the battlefield!

nice

Author
Commando
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

intense wrote:
Just figured out my password and all that, here's what it said after I finished registering:

Congratulations, you have successfully signed up as a Veteran. The first time you log in to Battlefield 2142 you will see a confirmation of your Veteran status. See you on the battlefield!

nice

Same here

Author
jantzlee
Kill me I'm new

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this sooooo reminds me of what Jame's has mentioned in the main discussion forum.... Smile......

Author
Exodus
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated review.

The upgrade system is incredibly fun. Game really makes you want to play like a team. If a Squad leader/ Commander gives an order and your squad does that order then everyone gets squad points. Get enough squad points and you get a field upgrade, which is a upgrade just like an unlock, but you only get to keep it on this server.

Some ridicoulous glitchs on Titans, where u throw a gernade in a certain spot and the entire thing blows up so you have to start over and bring its shields down.

Another cool thing is when you jump out of hele or launch yourself from APC, you are in a pod. This pod moves quickly and its fun to launch yourself around the map from APC. Great for storming titans. ( i'm yet to get a pod kill)

Ribbons/medals/bages

They are preety similar to BF2, just changed the names and how they look. Also the requirements on Medals arent as ridculous. So now people besides intense who have 20 hours a day to play can get them

Away points.

Not sure how this works yet, but it looks like if you take a break for a week/month not sure you will get points, maybe a free rank up or something. probably so people dont kill themselves over going on vacation cuse they wont get any points and there friends will get way ahead.

Thats my updated review

-Exodus

Author
intense
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol

just for that, i'll dl it and rock u w/ my 3 frame per minute monstah rig

Twisted Evil

Author
{uZa}Capt.Spamada
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lmao 20 hours a day intense geez Very Happy

LoL i thot bf2 was fun but got tired of it after Confused

I cant wait till this comes out Cool

Author
Exodus
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

intense wrote:
lol

just for that, i'll dl it and rock u w/ my 3 frame per minute monstah rig

Twisted Evil

its frames per second smart one

Author
intense
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was the joke, wise guy...now it's gone up to 4 frames per hour, thanks to you

Author
Exodus
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

intense wrote:
that was the joke, wise guy...now it's gone up to 4 frames per hour, thanks to you

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Author
{uZa}GENERAL MAYO
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys are freaking funny

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> BattleField All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: