Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Sniper rifles gone
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Call of Duty 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
{GBI}Harryball
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{uZa}Lonesome Eagle wrote:
{GBI}Harryball wrote:
Eagel i know you pain with this issue. For the last two years that cod2 has been around I only allow one sniper per team, same with the shotty. Some of the newer players that like the scope whine and complain, but they are not the majority. In my opinion a balance has to be in place, its all about being fair, or at least the perseption of fairness. Thats what keeps players coming back. FUN AND FAIR. Let the newbs play on newb servers. Very Happy

I wouldn't mind a setup with one sniper per team or something, but the only way to get that is with a mod, and we have had too much trouble with mods conflicting with maps. Our weapons / nades mod was written very carefully by CMOS to not cause any problems, and I am always 99.9% sure that after I test a new map on my local server with our mod running, that it will work fine on the actual server. With AWE, Admiral, eXtreme or the other mods that give you a lot of flexibility, I run into constant struggles with maps failing.

Eagle

Try the powerserver mod, the .98 version. http://www.wormsworld.net/ I never had a problem with the custom maps and the mod. Its so small and feature rich it make the game worth while. If you cant find that version let me know. I will send it to you along with a config. Very Happy

{GBI}CLanserver
66.55.142.20:28960

Author
^sM()k3©
Post Ho

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like it without personally.

Author
{uZa}Lonesome Eagle
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{GBI}Harryball wrote:
{uZa}Lonesome Eagle wrote:
{GBI}Harryball wrote:
Eagel i know you pain with this issue. For the last two years that cod2 has been around I only allow one sniper per team, same with the shotty. Some of the newer players that like the scope whine and complain, but they are not the majority. In my opinion a balance has to be in place, its all about being fair, or at least the perseption of fairness. Thats what keeps players coming back. FUN AND FAIR. Let the newbs play on newb servers. Very Happy

I wouldn't mind a setup with one sniper per team or something, but the only way to get that is with a mod, and we have had too much trouble with mods conflicting with maps. Our weapons / nades mod was written very carefully by CMOS to not cause any problems, and I am always 99.9% sure that after I test a new map on my local server with our mod running, that it will work fine on the actual server. With AWE, Admiral, eXtreme or the other mods that give you a lot of flexibility, I run into constant struggles with maps failing.

Eagle

Try the powerserver mod, the .98 version. http://www.wormsworld.net/ I never had a problem with the custom maps and the mod. Its so small and feature rich it make the game worth while. If you cant find that version let me know. I will send it to you along with a config. Very Happy

If you wouldn't mind sending it to me at jsmorley@gmail.com I would like to take a look at it. Thanks Dude!

Eagle

________

Author
Lt. Newcastle
Frag Bait

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{uZa}renegade wrote:
I just took a look through the logs back as far as 3 weeks and the traffic seems to be no different cod is getting old now summer holidays start soon and i think it will pick up a bit.As for the scopes i think it is a good idea to remove them still.If we lose a few of the campers so be it.We can watch the traffic and maybe sneak them back in,in a couple of weeks time.And if the problems start up again then take them back out.But my question is,if you feel the need to snipe and scope why not do it on a server set up to do that.Or is racking up a good score sniping people spawning more important ? Which it seems to be for the few.

Just now, at 9 p.m. Central, there were 3 guys playing on the server. At around 9-11 p.m. Central, over the last several days, I've seen no more than 5 guys playing on the server. A number of times during that period I've seen zero guys on the server. Let's ramp up attendance on the server guys. I have a cache that would fill a warehouse at this point.

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its 5 30 am in the uk 12.30 in the usa cst there are 10 people on thats ok Very Happy

http://tinyurl.com/yobjfs

Author
^sM()k3©
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

been people on all night.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Call of Duty 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: