Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Call of Duty 5 and DirectX 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Call of Duty 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
{uZa}Studdog +SC+
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject: Call of Duty 5 and DirectX 11 Reply with quote

The following is from a FoxNews article. I'm sure as more research is put into this, it'll eventually make its way into gaming. It will be cool if this becomes part of gaming sometime in our lifetime. This could really make for some wild game play. I get so into CoD2 now, that sometimes I get the poo scared out of me. This has the potential to make it way too intense. Call of Duty 5 and DirectX 11, well I wish it was gonna be that quick. This would make any game very extreme to play. Cool

FOXNEWS:
New virtual-reality experiments show the brain can be tricked into believing it's outside the body, lending credence to some patients' strange claims and shedding light on how the brain might generate its "self-image."
“We have decades of intense research on visual perception, but not very much yet on body perception," said Henrik Ehrsson of University College London.
"But that may change, now [that] virtual reality offers a way to manipulate full-body perception more systematically and probe out-of-body experiences,” said Olaf Blanke, a Swiss Federal Institute of Technology neuroscientist.
The researchers worked on separate studies which are detailed in the Aug. 24 online edition of the journal Science.
Virtual trickery
Researchers equipped subjects with virtual-reality goggles that showed images from a stereoscopic video camera setup — two cameras spaced like a pair of eyes. When placed behind the person wearing the goggles, the cameras acted as a "virtual self" that looked at the subject's back.
As subjects watched themselves from behind, an experimenter prodded their chests with one hand while prodding the air just below the cameras at the same time.
Because subjects could see the experimenter's hand but not the spot it was poking, researchers said subjects felt as if they were being poked in the chest — outside of their body.
“This was a bizarre, fascinating experience for the participants," Ehrsson said. "It felt absolutely real for them and was not scary. Many of them giggled and said ‘Wow, this is so weird.’”
Where's my body?
But the researchers didn't stop there. They also performed the experiment with cameras behind a wigged mannequin to test the brain's limits of self-perception.
"When they saw a bodily shape, they still felt it was them," said Bigna Lenggenhager, a psychologist also with the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology.
She explained that touching both the fake body and the real body at the same time tricked many of the subjects.
"They felt a touch was there, but couldn't pinpoint it," Lenggenhager said, noting that some felt as if the mannequin was their own body.
Going even further to test the effect, researchers removed subjects' goggles and asked them to move to where they believed they were standing during the experiment.
Almost every time, she said, they overshot and walked back to their virtual self's location — not to where their real or simulated body had been situated.
"They didn't localize themselves where their real body was," Lenggenhager told LiveScience.com. "Where the camera was is where they believed they were."
Hammer time
Ehrsson's group also tested the technique's limits by swinging a hammer just below the camera setup, or virtual self.
By measuring how much subjects sweated — a bodily response to fear — Ehrsson said he showed that subjects felt threatened by the hammer swings.
Lenggenhager noted that the setup, while an extremely useful tool for testing the limits of self-perception, is only the beginning of better research on the brain.
"We've shown the body and self [are] somehow separate in the brain, even though we didn't invoke a completely realistic [out-of-body experience]," she said.
Lenggenhager thinks the next step is to monitor the brain's activity with special electrodes during similar experiments. By doing so, the researcher and her colleagues hope to better understand which regions of the brain are responsible for self-perception.

Author
{uZa}Amok
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would still wanna be bashed, run over by a tank or shot in Call of Duty? Shocked Wink

Respect all, fear none!
Conscia mens recti, famae mendacia ridet.

Author
{uZa}Studdog +SC+
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{uZa}Amok wrote:
Who would still wanna be bashed, run over by a tank or shot in Call of Duty? Shocked Wink

You got that right! Laughing
I would never play on the team opposite KingSpartan!

When the day arrives that we are able to change our gaming perspective from sitting in front of the PC to feeling like we are in a game world. That will be the day I change to a new game type. How about a game of wealth or super powers? With all kinds of Hacks and cheats of course! Laughing Laughing

Author
uZa Ten*K
Post Ho

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

still waiting on the holodeck. mmm... holodeck pron... Twisted Evil

Humanism- Less Filling, Tastes Great.

Author
{uZa}Amok
Post Ho

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehe... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Respect all, fear none!

Author
^sM()k3©
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{USA}Studdog wrote:
{uZa}Amok wrote:

still waiting for him to come play on server 1 Sad

Author
{uZa}Capt.Spamada
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^sM()k3© wrote:
{USA}Studdog wrote:
{uZa}Amok wrote:

Bet he wont do so well on Server 1 Razz

Author
{uZa}Amok
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Respect all, fear none!

Author
{uZa}Studdog +SC+
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capt.Spamada wrote:
^sM()k3© wrote:
{USA}Studdog wrote:
[I would never play on the team opposite KingSpartan!

Bet he wont do so well on Server 1 Razz

He's actually good at almost every game he plays.
It would take him some time to get use to the slower speed, but he might surprise you. Shocked

Maybe you should set up a match between server 1 against server 3 players.
We could play two or three maps on each server.
Server 1 players on one team and server 3 players on the other team.
Not in a competitive way, but just a friendly type of match.
That might be one way to get to see him play.

***PLEASE NOTE***
I'm not suggesting that my son is the greatest player, but he is really good.
If you asked him who the best was, he would give a list that did not include himself.
He's very humble and would never brag, but being his Dad I like to brag about him. Mr. Green Laughing
So please don't take my comments in a harsh manner or as representing his thoughts. Razz

Author
^sM()k3©
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="{USA}Studdog"]
Capt.Spamada wrote:
^sM()k3© wrote:
{USA}Studdog wrote:
[I would never play on the team opposite KingSpartan!

Maybe you should set up a match between server 1 against server 3 players.
We could play two or three maps on each server.
Server 1 players on one team and server 3 players on the other team.

that would be interesting Twisted Evil

Author
{uZa}<pARaSiTe>
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder whos team I will play on ...... hmmmmmm
Please come to the house that POONTIME built! No sub-sonic speeds or silly nades that kill you from half a map away... what ya say there smokie shall we light the spotlight and re-call POONcrew from the four corners of the earth to fight evil once more ?!?! lol

**NOTE**
There are a lot of "really good" players here who don't feel the need to keep bragging...

Author
^sM()k3©
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing POONTIME

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Call of Duty 4 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: