Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Beta 2 of the first UT3 patch will be released...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Unreal Tournament Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
sCaryDeth
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Beta 2 of the first UT3 patch will be released... Reply with quote

Either tonight or tomorrow.

Personally I just wish they would publicly release a patch so we can get to playing, but at least they're trying to fix all the issues.

Posted by Steve Polge in the UT3 Admin mailing list:

"We're testing beta 2 of the patch internally. If all goes well, we will be making it available to you (UT3 Admin Mailing list team) later today or tomorrow. We believe this version to be a strong candidate to become the first official patch. Please provide feedback on any critical issues or regressions you find. We're already working on features (like web admin) for the second patch, but we believe this first patch contains enough important improvements to release as soon as possible.

Here are the changes between beta 1 and beta 2:

- filter settings are now saved to the .ini file.
- fixed UTUIComboBox's editbox and list getting out of sync (editbox text could end up not matching the list's selected item)
- fixed changing gametype via combobox on server browser tab causing filter settings to be clobbered
- changed default value for "Pure Server" and "Locked Server" filter options to be more lenient (show more servers by default)
- Fixed ping values shown in scoreboard
- Don't show ping for bots
- Fixed Miplevel spam when applying patch to dedicated server build.
- Fixed dedicated server getting removed from the master server list if the first player to join fails authentication.
- Bringing up the midgame menu now pauses demo playback.
- Players now stop moving if they fire the Redeemer altfire.
- Fixed joining a passworded server via the server history tab not prompting for the password.
- Fixed viper and scorpion self destruct death strings.
- Fixed when the player tries to cancel a "Delete Demo" the demo still gets deleted.
- Fixed HTTP redirection
- Fixed download cache clobbering files that had just been written in some cases
- Increased default download cache size
- Fixed FOV option when patching old .ini's
- Fixed crash when exiting the editor.
- Smaller/simpler simple crosshair.
- Added the ability to delete saved messages
- Implemented DUEL match stat reporting for gamespy ladder.
- Fixed an exploit in CTF-OmicronDawn that allowed players to get outside the world.
- Fix for hole in WAR-Islander where players could get stuck
- Fixed orb rebuilding not being played correctly on clients if the orb was destroyed by an enemy player.
- Fixed flickering when downloading files.
- Don't reduce tickrate when travelling with no players - fixes server hanging for long durations on EnvyEntry.
- Fixed custom characters not working correctly when playing back demos
- Added the ability to specify custom simple crosshair coordinates for weapons, with new config properties bUseCustomCoordinates and
CustomCrosshairCoordinates.

To change the crosshair used for all weapons, add the following lines to the [utweapon] section of the UTWeapon.ini file:
bUseCustomCoordinates=true
CustomCrosshairCoordinates=(U=276,V=84,UL=22,VL=25)

where the customcrosshaircoordinates have U and V as the offsets into the crosshair texture (UI_HUD.HUD.UTCrosshairs), and UL and VL specify the size of the texture area to use.
To use a different crosshair for a specific weapon, simply add those two lines to the appropriate weapon specific section in UTWeapon.ini."

Author
|zF|Lee
Kill me I'm new

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! This means I can have a dot again as my crosshair. Either way, I'm having a lot of fun with this game on iCTF servers. The little bit of zark I have played(against bots =( ) hasn't felt right. Scary, have you gotten the uZa server working or is it still having problems?

^<3 Genesis

Author
sCaryDeth
Post Ho

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's up and been up with the Beta patch. You won't be able to connect to it though until you're patched as well.

This patch needs to come out quick.

Author
{uZa} GARGAZ
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAVE U READ THE FORUMS FOR EPIC...

THAT PATCH FIXES ABOUT .05 OF THE PROBLEMS THIS GAME HAS!!!

THEY RELEASED IT WAAAAYYYY TO EARLY!

I AM LIKING VCTF THO

BUT DAMMIT, I CANT FIND ZARK ANYWHERE!!

Author
sCaryDeth
Post Ho

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. This game was in worse shape at release than Quake 4 was. And that says A LOT!

Author
Cobra
Frag Bait

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sCaryDeth wrote:
Agreed. This game was in worse shape at release than Quake 4 was. And that says A LOT!

OUCH!!!! I have to agree with you though. I made a similar remark on the forums and I got a warning for it. It seems the old Epic boys can't take criticism very well.

Author
{uZa}Videoman
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the patch is out guys i have installed it if you can not find it let me know i will figure something out two get it two you guys !!!!!

Author
sCaryDeth
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You shouldn't be using these Beta patches dude. They're typically pretty messed up (They actually pulled this one completely because of more server browser issues).

There's a reason why they're not publically available.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Unreal Tournament Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: