Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

:[GOB]:Rats 08

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Call of Duty Mapping and Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
:[GOB]:JackC
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: :[GOB]:Rats 08 Reply with quote

I have decided to remake this map for Call of Duty 4 with new areas, new secrets and obviously...new traps.

So far I have modelled the 'book' side of the map. I think so far it's going pretty well. I have now got to grasps with the lighting. Well, to a basic degree anyway. The tools are much more complex than before, in terms of compiling and lighting anyway. I have run around the area and it seems ok for now. Obviously some things may get added or taken away but by browsing through the models, there are no textured models of plates, pots or pans so the whole 'kitchen' side may need a rethinking.

Plus there are other things to consider like how am I going to allow for airstrikes and Helicopter patrols in a closed environment. JiltedJohn offered a good idea about having it so the Helicopter flies in through the window. As far as Airstrikes go, I might just have to open the roof up and give access that way, giving the impression the house you are in has been bombed or to that effect. It's still VERY EARLY work so don't be expecting it anytime soon. I have a HUGE ammount of things to add and whilst I am doing so, I hope the mod community can work out how to do things such as add the minimap image used for the compass and airstrikes etc. I do not want this a half assed, rushed out the door map either. I would rather wait to be honest.

But yes, hope you like it and am looking forward to getting feedback if you try it out:

Screenshot

Author
{uZa}ChaosFlip
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!! Can't wait! Sounds like its gonna be a sweet map.

Author
MR GR1MM
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you on the complexity of the tools. I have been doing lots of read and some map side tinkering. I have found this on the minimap have'nt worked with it much always reworking zone files just for testing sake.

Add this line to your .csv file

material compass_map_mp_mapname

Add this line to your main .gsc

maps\mp\_compass::setupMiniMap("compass_map_mp_mapname");

may require a recompile.

Also with the lighting make sure you use reflection nodes from what I've read the require 1 per room and near anything that may be considered shiny
Also check this out for lightmaps
http://www.infinityward.com/wiki/index.php?title=Creating_a_grid_file

Hope it helps.

Author
^sM()k3©
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loved the others.

Author
:[GOB]:JackC
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I have the lighting down fine, I have already added ref. probes and light grid volumes and all that cobblers.

The minimap will require a graphic obviously, so once we know what to do for that we'll be fine. Until then as I said, I'm just going to keep on modelling the map until they find out how to get it all there. I managed to run the map on my dads computer. It is a much different process to that of CoD2. Gone are the days of a simple .iwd in the main folder job. I cannot seem to get the loadscreen to work on dads though, when he loads it up it just gives me an error saying it cannot find it, yet it works on mine with no problems. Rolling Eyes

Author
MR GR1MM
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack try this for the minimap

http://www.infinityward.com/wiki/index.php?title=Creating_a_custom_minimap_image

Author
.:Boo Radley:.
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

put a few uZa - GOB references in there

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Call of Duty Mapping and Scripting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: