Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

mp_iced.

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
:[GOB]:JackC
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: mp_iced. Reply with quote

I was making Rats but was encountering HUGE problems with the editor so I have put that map on hold and tried to make something smaller so if it didn't work, it wouldn't be so much of a sting.

So I made the map, probably not how you remember it. Added a mini map, a loadscreen, removed Airstrikes and Choppers for the time being. I type map mp_iced on the console and it loads in perfect.

The problem I am having is getting the map to load on other computers. I have created an .iwd file which I obviously need for the loadscreen and minimap. The .iwd contents are as follows:

mp > mp_iced.arena

images > loadscreen_mp_iced.iwi , compass_map_mp_iced.iwi

I created the .iwd using winRAR. When I run the map on my computer, I imagine it loads it from the source files as opposed to my .ff, _load.ff and .iwd because when I load the files onto any other computer it just chucks up an error stating it cannot find the loadscreen or compass image files and crashes the game. Obviously on the clients machine I load the modwarfare from the mods menu. I have tried placing them in every way people have suggested. Tried putting the 3 files in the usermaps/mp_iced/ folder, tried putting the 2 .ff files in the usermaps/mp_iced/ folder and the .IWD in the modwarfare folder and still, it crashes. I tried removing the map tool folders onto my desktop and try the 3 files on my computer (to see if it was just the other computers at fault) and it crashed on mine too. So when I run it, it must run off different files or MORE files than the ones I send to the other PC's.

It just doesn't make any sense. It makes no sense why it will work from source files but not just the 2 .ff's and the .iwd. Logic says it's either a compiling issue or they are being placed in the wrong directory. There cannot be anything wrong with the actual .iwi files themselves otherwise surely, it wouldn't work from the source files. I am on the verge of packing the whole lot in to be honest. CoD: UO, CoD2 were fine. CoD4 is much more complicated and seems to require things that theoretically have been done using CoD2's compiling/distribution methods. But it would be a shame to see this map go to waste. I mean when I run around on it, on mine, I love it. The graphics on the map look really good, the effects, the snow, lighting, is all how I like it but it is just so frustrating to see it not work.

It's a shame because it is the best Iced map yet.
Cool

I have uploaded my folders, .ff, _load.ff and my .iwd all together in hope someone can see if it works. I think the problem lies in the .iwd and what needs to go in it. And also, I don't fully know where the folders and files go on the server. Would be nice if someone tried it on the server and it downloaded fine but if it doesn't run on a local computer, what are the chances? Anyway, here is the link for anyone to download and look at if they think they have an idea.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5EH8POW9

Type in the 3 letters, wait 1 minute and download. Inside the .rar file is a collection of individual folders which would go into the .iwd, and the 2 .ff files which are needed 100%.

This is what I have waiting to be played:

Author
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.

The problems I had with it crashing for over a week of frustration, anger and constant posting on modsonline.com were solved by simply recompiling the map. For whatever reason it didn't do it right the first time. (Shabby programming on InfinityWards part)

I am trying to get one of our admins to upload it to our server for a private BETA test. When that's all done and I have fixed the bugs I will rerelease it public.

"watch this space" as they say.

Author
{uZa}Bullet Sponge
Post Ho

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks AWESOME Jack...can't wait to see it live!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Author
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Map has been tested, approved and is now playing on our hardcore server. You are all welcome to try it out: 8.12.69.212:28960 (Sorry if advertising isn't allowed, please feel free to remove the I.P if necessary)

The final build is complete and I will distribute it to other sites tomorrow. I will post a link when I can.

Hopefully get a solid download link tomorrow.

(Download may stop half way, simply reconnecting to the server will fix it.)

Author
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: [RELEASE] mp_iced Reply with quote

The map is live!

http://www.modsonline.com/Downloads-full-4269.html

You can download the map from there. (it will be on codfiles.com tomorrow)

Just as a side note, we have had mixed experiences with downloading a custom map. It has included the game crashing, not download the file, up to the first 3 attempts. This can be fixed by just rejoining.
Some people seem to have no problems but it just seems temporamental. If you guys have no problems at all. TELL US YOUR SECRET!!!

Here's a link to how we got the map on the server if you don't have a way of doing it already:

http://www.modsonline.com/Forums-top-72284-10.html#604720

Hope you enjoy!!

Author
sCaryDeth
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone put this map on a site that you don't have to register for? I'd like to check it out and possibly see about putting it on our modded server.

Author
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H9TELF80

There you go, just type the 3 letters, wait a minute and download Smile

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hopped on your server and stole it Very Happy The map is waiting to be put on ours.

http://tinyurl.com/yobjfs

Author
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{uZa}renegade wrote:
I hopped on your server and stole it :.

Git ¬_¬.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Maps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: