Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Rate your experience with COD2
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Call of Duty 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like the new COD2?
It's exactly what I expected, awesome graphics and great play!
34%
 34%  [ 13 ]
It's a lot of fun, jury is still out on it!
18%
 18%  [ 7 ]
a little disappointed, need more playing time.
15%
 15%  [ 6 ]
Reminds me too much of COD, it's fun may be limited.
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Great Graphics, poor game play :(
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Don't really like it all, too slow and nothing has really changed.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Where are the $%@# Tanks?!
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
50 bucks for this junk!
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 38

Author
{uZa}Boobot
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Rate your experience with COD2 Reply with quote

How well does it compare!

Author
sCaryDeth
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of RIGHT NOW, I find it a tad redundent. But I'm sure things will change.

I mean come on, most of the maps on there I've played a million times over in the old CoD! I couldn;t believe that. Just a facelift on the maps. Wasn't expecting that at all.

Once more maps and some changes are made, I'm sure this can be a killer game so I'm gonna wait and see.

Author
{uZa}Wolverine
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, does it seem more like an expansion pack or a new release?

Author
sCaryDeth
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, there's enough of a difference to justify it being a new game for sure. Especially the single player which I haven't started yet but have heard nothing but rave reviews on.

Author
{uZa}Boobot
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreakOfNature wrote:
Oh, there's enough of a difference to justify it being a new game for sure. Especially the single player which I haven't started yet but have heard nothing but rave reviews on.

Yes, so far I am digging the single player. The character movement and suttle things in the back and foregrounds make it extremely realistic!

Author
:[GOB]:Cornbread
Kill me I'm new

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great game and awesome graphics, but I only get 5 to 25 fps. I've got a Nvidia 6800 GT and I'm only getting a max 25 fps. WTF!

Author
{uZa}Dellis
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Single player is nice but I like COD UO much better so far. I liked UO from the moment I played it...COD2 doesn't have that same feeling...it may need to grow on me.

Multiplayer....so far it sucks. I mean it is slow, there is no sprint, the grenades just seem so un-familiar and the HUD can be distracting. If your a new comer to multiplayer then it migt not be so bad but to me it is a huge let down when compared to UO multiplayer. The health system is really odd and will take alot getting used to

The tommy gun holds 20 shots and it seems to have lost its punch. I like a few of the new weapons but if I were given a choice of which one I would like to continue playing it would be multiplayer UO. Also, on UO I could use my mouse scroll to change my weapons but I can't seem to program it to work in COD2.....anyone else notice this?

So my thoughts right now is that Activision dropped the ball on the multiplayer aspect. This may change after more game time....i hope

Author
Commando
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it. The single player is awesome and I love the way its set up and I love multiplayer even more. This game is definitly much better than UO and to me, has a new feeling entirely. Didn't take long for me to get the hang of it. I'm also glad I bought the collectors edition. 5 stars Very Happy

Author
{uZa}JanusX
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed commando 100%

As for the programming of the switch weapons on the mouse.....i've had no problem programming it to scroll through the weapons on my mouse....maybe you need to install the mouse drivers for it and before on uo they weren't required??

Author
{uZa}Wolverine
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs sprint badly, wow, I can't believe they didn't put that in in the boxed version. Without it, the games seems VERY slow.

Overall, it runs better on my laptop than UO did. I had to tune down the graphics somewhat, but I think I've got everything tweaked about as good as it gets... I'm running 20 FPS to 60 FPS depending on the situation.

The single player is quite fun... LOL potatoes.

Really looking forward to the mod community getting ahold of this one, most of the maps seem like retreads... the feel is quite different and I think I like it better.

Yeah, the grenades took some getting use to

So far, 3.5/5...add in sprint, and I'll give it 4/5 (I liked the vehicles in UO)... I've been playing GW too long, I kept trying to get it into 3rd person mode Embarassed

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it. Even with my horrible frames, I still hang in there and it still has descent graphics. I think the American weapons need a little more kick except for the thompson. It just needs extra ammo. Pooning is a lot easier now and its easier to get pooned also. The level of detail in the game is just incredible also.

Author
Boo_Radley

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Delly, mixed on it. UO has a more "goal oriented" feel, with regard to getting arty, and blasting then enemas from they sky with the ranking system. Miss the satchels, and mostly the sprint.

The graphics, and sound in 2 are incredible. The game play is pretty intense.
The shot gun rocks, except when Gomer is on the other side.

The eye, and ear candy are something else. I like the weapons. Miss the "gut busting" sound of the garand.

I get the feeling the custom mods, and maps, and eventual patch will change
things considerably, and pretty quick. Then the $40.00 expansion will probably address everyones "concerns"

It is different just enough, to make the over all experience pretty cool.

If I turn every thing on medium, i get like 150-200 fps- so far, with everything turn on high, with all the goods it is a playble 50-70.

Fun.

Author
{uZa}Underdog
Post Ho

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Dellis and Boo said... miss the sprint- keeps me out of the line of sight!
I think the sound is not as good as UO and I've got 5.1 set on 44mhz. Hopefully there'll be a COD2 UO type addon.

UD

+SC+

Author
^sM()k3©
Post Ho

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like monkey said it seems pooning is a whole lot easier 2 dish and receive Twisted Evil I GOT MANY MONKEY POONS Laughing i still need 2 get used 2 the weapons though im loving the kar. need 2 get my 44 ability back into shape though. Embarassed

Author
{uZa}Dellis
Post Ho

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can jjust get my scroll button on my mouse to work, which allows me to go through my weapons inventory I might be much better suited. I'll look into getting new drivers and maybe that will help.

I tweaked a few things last night so the game play was a bit more enjoyable but then again my ping was very high, which was in the 140's...high for me considering my usual is in the 30's to 20's.

Someone has to make a mod for sprint, satchels and if possible a sten. The sten which the Brits have is OK but there is more recoil so I guess just playing and getting a feel for the new wapons is what it will take. I forget that it took me along time to get used to the Sten in UO and I really don't want to do that over again....lol.....I was hoping to just hop in and it would all be the same in that sense Laughing

When smoke is popped it really slows me down frame rate wise....anyone else notice this??

I have also re-programmed my nades to seperate buttons as I can't get them through my scroll so that helps smooth things over. I guess my main whine is that I could sprint, throw a nade, cook my man purse, duck, jump and of course get killed all in one FLUID motion in UO but that "fluidness" is not present in COD2....at least not at this present time, perhaps after some playing time and a few mods....

Dellis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Call of Duty 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: