Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Rate your experience with COD2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Call of Duty 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like the new COD2?
It's exactly what I expected, awesome graphics and great play!
34%
 34%  [ 13 ]
It's a lot of fun, jury is still out on it!
18%
 18%  [ 7 ]
a little disappointed, need more playing time.
15%
 15%  [ 6 ]
Reminds me too much of COD, it's fun may be limited.
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Great Graphics, poor game play :(
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Don't really like it all, too slow and nothing has really changed.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Where are the $%@# Tanks?!
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
50 bucks for this junk!
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 38

Author
sCaryDeth
Post Ho

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

If I can jjust get my scroll button on my mouse to work, which allows me to go through my weapons inventory I might be much better suited.

You should REALLY try to brak away from the whole scrolling through weapons thing. It slows you down. Just create binding for each weapon and once you get used to it, you'll be amazed at the difference.

Just trying to help. Smile

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem I see with what some of you are saying is if it had all the stuff like sprint, satchels, and arty, wouldn't it just be UO with better graphics and different maps. That would be basically asking for the exact same game when overall everyone wants a new feeling with a sense of knowing what you're doing also. I hope you guys understand what I mean.

Author
{uZa}Dellis
Post Ho

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreakOfNature wrote:
Quote:

If I can jjust get my scroll button on my mouse to work, which allows me to go through my weapons inventory I might be much better suited.

You should REALLY try to brak away from the whole scrolling through weapons thing. It slows you down. Just create binding for each weapon and once you get used to it, you'll be amazed at the difference.

Just trying to help. Smile

And I appreciate the help my friend Smile That's what I have done and I am now trying to get used to Laughing I keep finding myself though going back to trying to scroll the mouse button and then i get dead Mad Hard habit to break.

Monkey

I understand what you're saying but as Boo noted, a satchel and arty were all things you had to earn so you felt like you accomplished something when you reached those levels. I am sure I will feel more at home with the game after some more play time.

I am digging the single player though.....heck I am now a British dude and halfway through that.

Author
sCaryDeth
Post Ho

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya. Having a new config when you've became so used to doing it another way is tough. But you'll get the hand of it.

Author
HandsomeBWonderfull
Frag Bait

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is interesting to read the different opinions about CoD2 so I thought I would put in my two cents.

I first have to preface this by saying I never played UO so I cannot compare CoD2 to UO. I only played regular CoD, almost exclusively on uZa's server. It seems that there are some distinct differences between UO and CoD2 which I obviously cannot comment on.

However, I will say that CoD2 compares very favorably to CoD. I was not planning on getting CoD2 right away, but when I saw some of the screenshots and comments in this forum Wednesday evening I rushed out and picked it up.

I went straight to the multiplayer and the All Out War server. The first thing I noticed was of course the graphics. I think the graphics are very good. So good that they make CoD look much older than it is. During multiplayer there were some things that took getting used to. For example, the crosshairs when you are hitting a target.

I know some of the maps are just updated versions of CoD maps but there were some nice changes. And considering that I had been playing on the All Out War CoD server with the custom maps for so long, the maps in CoD2 did seem somewhat new.

As far as the weapons go, I think a good job was done to even out the allies and axis. I haven't used all of the weapons yet so I can't comment on them all. The mp44 and ppsh seem to be improved and are great weapons. The garand is fun and still pretty deadly, so is the nagant.

Munky pretty much had it right earlier when he talked about pooning. It seems much easier to poon and to get pooned. It seems it only takes one smack and a person goes down.

I think it was Boo Radley who posted the link to the tweak guides. This made a huge difference for me! I played the first evening and was at first somewhat disappointed by the results (reduced fps compared to CoD). Making some of the changes helped out considerably, nearly doubling my fps! Thanks Boo!

Last but not least, one neat thing about CoD2 is that I get to play with some of the uZa people who I never played with on regular CoD. I think having two servers is a great idea, perhaps even necessary with all of the people coming over from CoD and CoD:UO.

Overall I think the game so far is great and it should only get better as more maps/mods are added.

Sorry if I wrote too much Smile

P.S. I haven't even played the single player yet, mp is too much fun!

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't ever worry about posting too much. Its always great to have many different oppinions about what ever is being discussed. I basically agree with everything you said also.

Author
{uZa}<pARaSiTe>
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a reason I don't play reg COD....COD 2 to me is a step back. I don't much care for the changes. I'm thinking very much about taking it back and getting my 50 bucks. Without Arty, satchels, or even sprint you’re at the mercy of the campers. I played 2 maps in a row and had to turn off the game in disgust. At least with arty you could run out the campers from their come get us holes. The graphics are sweet but I can see why the die hard COD players like it, It’s just COD with a facelift.

Bugs 2 cents

What time is it??? POONTIME!!!

Author
{uZa}mr. brightside
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Underdog, there is an expansion pack coming out. I believe it is called "The Big Red One".

I find COD2 MP very difficult to get used to. Real slow, and the whole crosshair system is very annoying. However, the pooning is really easy and fun. I pooned 5 dudes in one building, and blew all the others away with my trench gun. Btw, the trench gun is extremely crazy close range. One shot, one kill, i had a "blast" with it.

But it seems that i have to waste round after round on enemies and they only need four shots on me. So i guess i got a lot of getting used to for the game. I'll get things going in time. Smile

There are many sunsets in a lifetime, but only one for each day.

Author
Commando
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^BAKER wrote:
Underdog, there is an expansion pack coming out. I believe it is called "The Big Red One".
I find COD2 MP very difficult to get used to. Real slow, and the whole crosshair system is very annoying. However, the pooning is really easy and fun. I pooned 5 dudes in one building, and blew all the others away with my trench gun. Btw, the trench gun is extremely crazy close range. One shot, one kill, i had a "blast" with it.

But it seems that i have to waste round after round on enemies and they only need four shots on me. So i guess i got a lot of getting used to for the game. I'll get things going in time. Smile

That is NOT the expansion. It is simply the console version.

Author
{uZa}Lonesome Eagle
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{uZa}<pARaSiTe> wrote:
There is a reason I don't play reg COD....COD 2 to me is a step back. I don't much care for the changes. I'm thinking very much about taking it back and getting my 50 bucks. Without Arty, satchels, or even sprint you’re at the mercy of the campers. I played 2 maps in a row and had to turn off the game in disgust. At least with arty you could run out the campers from their come get us holes. The graphics are sweet but I can see why the die hard COD players like it, It’s just COD with a facelift.

Bugs 2 cents

I wouldn't take it back until you give it a good try and see if you don't get used to the differences with UO. Some of them took some getting used to for me as well, but I think it is really a fun game.

I just don't want to not play with you anymore bugman... UO has been just absolutily dead and almost all of us are playing CoD2. Now, it is possible that some folks come to find they don't like it and migrate back to UO, but I 'd be surprised if it is very many.

To each his own... I am really enjoying it. I don't find it has any more campers than UO, and I don't mind campers anyway. Gives me practice on creeping around, climbing in through some side opening and sneaking upstairs to kill the guy looking out the window. I like satchels and arty, but to be fair they are more about spawn raping and running up your score than they are about punishing campers.. Wink

Eagle

________

Author
{uZa}mr. brightside
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, sooorrryy. Don't need to bite. My mistake, i read something wrong. Confused

There are many sunsets in a lifetime, but only one for each day.

Author
Killer86
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too early for me to tell but I think it is a lot like CoD. The graphics are definatly updated and look sweet but the maps are still the regular ones. I expected more new maps than there are. I mean come on Brecourt? That map has been on every game so far and they just added a few new things on it for CoD2 but it's the same basic map. Gimme a few weeks and my mindset may and probably will change.

Author
{uZa}Dellis
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now that my PING is back in the normal range I was able to play a bit better, plus getting used to the controls now also.

I still hate the fact that there is no sprint and that health can be regenerated if you find cover....I mean what were the designers thinking in regards to that? I may have to Email them and see if they'll reply.

I look forward to some new maps with some mods as playing those maps gets real boring quick. Graphics are sweet but to me it seems like more game content an dless eye candy would of been better.

I like it better now then when I first started playing it, I like bugman just got totally disgusted with it and wanted to get my money back also...I felt I had wasted $50 just like I did with Unreal Awakening...man that game stunk!!

Author
{uZa}Canadian Girl
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the game since Friday evening. I really do like the game. Honestly I don't miss the arty, satchels etc. I was never that great at UO to get them anyways, besides the spawn raping got a tad annoying for me. Besides gives us noobs more of a chance. Wink I honestly don't find that there are as many campers as in UO. But I don't mind campers, I like to sneak around and find them. Wink

I do miss the sprint, especially when i am trying to sneak up behind someone to swing at them.
I really like that shotgun!! I haven't used the sten that much since I tried the shotgun out. Wink

I am looking forward to playing different maps also. I am also looking forward to getting my connection fixed so I can hop on vent....... Wink

Author
{uZa}Dellis
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CG you're not a NOOB! Very Happy

I personally miss the sprint, arty and purses as they made you feel like you reached something with all that blood and guts!!!

I am trying all the weapons right now...that Russian machine gun is now my fav! Man that thing rocks Cool

The sten is OK but no longer my fav within COD2. Mp44 and that Russian ppsh(?) are my go to guns.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Call of Duty 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: