Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

to smoke or not to smoke.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Call of Duty 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

smoke nades!!
like it.
40%
 40%  [ 13 ]
hate it
59%
 59%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 32

Author
Pimpndabox
( . Y . )

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this in the member section and would like to get a response from our regulars as well.

We have 3 options:

1- Leave well enough alone?

2- Turn off all Smoke Grenades?

3- Which unfortunately means a little work for CMOS and then another download to the WMD mod. I spoke to a few people about limiting the Smokes to the Individuals that choose rifles. I just think we may need to do something because there is always someone complaining every map about the amount of smoke (no offense Smokey Wink )

However, My biggest concern is for players that cannot go out and drop $400 on a new video card and cannot enjoy the game as much as some others. I'm not sure what the best solution is but do know that we need to look at it and see what the options are for us. As our only goal is working to have full servers and sometimes that means that we have to make sacrafices as to what we like and what the majority likes. What do you all think would be the best option? Or have anyother ideas?

Author
sCaryDeth
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you forgot option #4.

Quake 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing

Author
^sM()k3©
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

Author
{uZa}GENERAL MAYO
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pimpndabox wrote:
I posted this in the member section and would like to get a response from our regulars as well.

We have 3 options:

1- Leave well enough alone?

2- Turn off all Smoke Grenades?

3- Which unfortunately means a little work for CMOS and then another download to the WMD mod. I spoke to a few people about limiting the Smokes to the Individuals that choose rifles. I just think we may need to do something because there is always someone complaining every map about the amount of smoke (no offense Smokey Wink )

However, My biggest concern is for players that cannot go out and drop $400 on a new video card and cannot enjoy the game as much as some others. I'm not sure what the best solution is but do know that we need to look at it and see what the options are for us. As our only goal is working to have full servers and sometimes that means that we have to make sacrafices as to what we like and what the majority likes. What do you all think would be the best option? Or have anyother ideas?

Thank you for taking time to look into this pimp. I did notice people complaining about the smoke on the servers as well as some making comments about how the smoke kills their card. I know we can't make everyone happy and I will not speak for anyone else about this issue, I noticed half way through each map I spent more running blind through the smoke than doing anything else.

I agree the smoke nades are a big help in the game but are people really not going to play a on a server that doesn't have smoke nades ?

I don't think a complete removal of the smoke Laughing Cool Wink is the goal but I do like the limiting to certain weapons or just ruducing the total available.
I'm down with whatever everyone agrees with if it stays the same so be it.

again.

thanks

Ben F. uZa GM

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we limit it to rifles, there will probably be a lot less smoke. What would be the point of using smoke if you have a weapon thats better at a longer range and not up close. I think it would even it out because if you have a machine gun and you want smoke, you have to go out and kill someone that has smoke.

Author
coastie
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree… give smoke nades only to the long range weapons. If only half the people on a server have smoke nades that is still a lot of smoke nades to go around………….

Author
Exodus
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dislike smoke u cant see and its just annoying, but when i use the shotgun smoke is my friend!!!! u run so damn slow so having some cover is handy, also you have to get really close up to shotgun someone!!!! Smg's dong need them because u are speedy! but with big hunky guns it comes in handy! thats just my opionon

Author
:[GOB]:JackC
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have it turned off...much more fun

Author
sraz
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to say I'm not a real big fan of the smoke gernades, partly because I don't use them, and partly because I really like to have a clear view when I'm camping the machine guns. Razz

Author
sCaryDeth
Post Ho

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey sraz! Welcome aboard! I think I got my butt kicked by you a few times last night.

Author
{uZa}Scorpius
Post Ho

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We still need to figure out how to get the bongwater out of smokeys rug... Laughing

www.wilsonpi.com

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{uZa}Scorpius wrote:
We still need to figure out how to get the bongwater out of smokeys rug... Laughing

Thats not a problem anymore. I just peed on it and now no one can tell its there.

Author
^sM()k3©
Post Ho

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeathByMunky@USA!!! wrote:
{uZa}Scorpius wrote:

Thats not a problem anymore. I just peed on it and now no one can tell its there.
Shocked Shocked Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Call of Duty 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: