Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

HL2:Ep.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Half-Life 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
:[GOB]:JackC
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: HL2:Ep.1 Reply with quote

Right,

After playing Counter Strike Source and Day of Defeat Source to death since they were released I was thinking now that Episode 1 has come down in price I was thinking of purchasing it. I am aware it isn't the longest of games but is it just more of the same. Judging by gamespot there are no vehicles whatsoever and Alyx is with you the whole time. I am sort of understanding the story but I am just looking for more of the same. Is it recommended or is it just too short to be thought of as recommended?

Opinions please guys

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is short (4and a half hours) and a bit samey but i still enjoyed it but if the next one is a s short i will not bother with it until its about a fiver Very Happy

http://tinyurl.com/yobjfs

Author
Commando
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved it - I think I paid $15 USD for it and it was worth every penny IMO

Author
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, thanks Ren, Commando. I may just wait a bit longer. Just like I did with the DooM III expansion pack. I got it from my local GAME and was £3.95 LOL

Author
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to dig up an old topic but I got Episode 1 from Steam ($9.99) so about a fiver. Very good deal and very good game too. Albeit it was short it was well worth £5.

Talk about a cliffhanger at the end....

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the next one is longer

Author
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, wants to be.

I hear that the retail edition will ship with both HL2 and Episode 1 anyway. People are up in arms because they fear they may have to rebuy HL2 and Ep1 just to get Ep2. So instead of paying £20 or so for just Ep2, you pay £30-40 for the whole pack, wheather you played them before or not... what a ripoff.

People are suggesting that VALVe may sell the PC version of Ep.2 seperatly on STEAM. I sure hope so. It's a great deal I suppose for those who haven't played HL2 or Ep1 but I would have thought those who wish to play Episode 2 would already have HL2 and Episode 1...

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats news to me. I knew it was coming with team fortress and portal as far as i was aware.

Author
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah check out this link

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/halflife2episode2ob/index.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gsuniverse&tag=universe;img;3

"Half-Life 2: The Orange Box includes the original Half Life 2, Episodes One and Two, Team Fortress 2, and an additional single-player game called Portal."

And I don't think they will release all that, with a budget price.

I sure hope they sell Episode 2 seperatly. Even if it means buying off Steam, which really was so easy when I got Episode 1. "Purchase/Details/Please wait/Unlocked" Took around 5 minutes, about 20 seconds to unlock the game.

But I won't be getting "Orange Box" if it means I must buy the previous lot. At least not until it comes down or they sell Episode 2 seperatly.

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually looking forward to all of those games in that package. Portal looks like a game that you could spend endless hours on trying to figure out the puzzles and never get bored with it. Team Fortress looks like it is going to be a lot of fun. I don't actually have a copy of Episode 1 so it will be nice to have that and Episode 2 at my disposal when it comes out. The only one I don't need is the original Half Life 2, but oh well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Half-Life 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: