Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Sniper rifles gone
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Call of Duty 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
Khorts
Kill me I'm new

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Sniper rifles gone Reply with quote

Please bring the sniper rifles back. super Please. People who can't dodge them don't know how to cover, zig zag or snipe back. Why pull them after all this time? Crying or Very sad

Author
{uZa}Capt.Spamada
Post Ho

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cause they stink.

Author
Lt.Blinky
Frag Bait

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for getting rid of the sniper rifles.Now maybe we can move around without worrying about some camper.Specially the ones that snipe the spawn. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday was totally refreshing.Being able to spawn without some camper sniping the spawn brought cod gaming back to what its about,and thats having fun (no not dutch having fun).When I first started playing with uza there was none of this camping and sniping,it was all run gun explosions and fighting.There are not that many maps we can get to do that on these days eagles airfield,st lo and canal come to mind,but they even insisted on sniping on those too I personally was getting fed up of leaving our own server when all the campers turned up,so lets leave it and see what happens,reading the chat logs everyone bar the camping gits think its great,and this should be done on all servers imo. In fact we should have tried this a long time ago before we lost all the good players who left due to this,the rifles are still in and a lot of the good players can snipe using an iron scope and while moving around now thats skill.I just took a look at the stat page and was amazed to see that the 2nd most preferd weapon out of all is the scope.That just shows how bad it has been getting.

Author
^sM()k3©
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good i was going to start playing uo instead.

Author
{uZa}Lonesome Eagle
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pulled the sniper rifles for a while as there were increasing complaints and indications that many of our regulars were growing tired of every map having 2-3 people camped in some hidey-hole sniping the spawn points with a scope.

We tend to run smaller run & gun maps for the most part and that is the style of play that is most popular with both our members and regular players. Sniping can be fun too, but on these smaller maps with only 2 or 3 spawn points per side, it is too easy to just camp the spawns with the scope and that frustrates folks.

I know that there are ways to combat the sniper in a window, and in fact it can be fun to sneak around behind and bash 'em. As I said though, on our smaller maps, too often you get a bullet in the eye the second you spawn, and after that happens about 10 times in a row on a map many folks just leave.

This has probably been a year coming. I am NOT one of those who think that window camping, laying down, bunny hopping, sniping or any of the other strategies that frustrate some folks are bad things. Many of these are not my style of play, but they are legitimate ways of playing the game and I have never criticized anyone for playing that way. I only decided to give this a try when it became clear that our preference for smaller "street fight" style maps, combined with a few folks who get a scope and find a rat hole on every map was driving folks away.

We are going to try it without the scope for a while and see how it goes. There may be a few folks who like the scope and find another server to play on. Fair enough. I have watched this issue for quite a long time, and believe that many, many folks have either stopped playing as much or left altogether due to frustrations with campers with scopes.

Eagle

________

Author
{uZa}Amok
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good decision, Eagle! Many of the regulars are indeed fed up with spawn killing snipers. Let's see how this works out.
I saw last night that Server 1 attracted more people than over the past weeks. Very Happy

Respect all, fear none!
Conscia mens recti, famae mendacia ridet.

Author
{GBI}Harryball
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagel i know you pain with this issue. For the last two years that cod2 has been around I only allow one sniper per team, same with the shotty. Some of the newer players that like the scope whine and complain, but they are not the majority. In my opinion a balance has to be in place, its all about being fair, or at least the perseption of fairness. Thats what keeps players coming back. FUN AND FAIR. Let the newbs play on newb servers. Very Happy

{GBI}CLanserver
66.55.142.20:28960

Author
{uZa}Capt.Spamada
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i would just like to say thanks, I might stop by alot more now.

Author
{uZa}Lonesome Eagle
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{GBI}Harryball wrote:
Eagel i know you pain with this issue. For the last two years that cod2 has been around I only allow one sniper per team, same with the shotty. Some of the newer players that like the scope whine and complain, but they are not the majority. In my opinion a balance has to be in place, its all about being fair, or at least the perseption of fairness. Thats what keeps players coming back. FUN AND FAIR. Let the newbs play on newb servers. Very Happy

I wouldn't mind a setup with one sniper per team or something, but the only way to get that is with a mod, and we have had too much trouble with mods conflicting with maps. Our weapons / nades mod was written very carefully by CMOS to not cause any problems, and I am always 99.9% sure that after I test a new map on my local server with our mod running, that it will work fine on the actual server. With AWE, Admiral, eXtreme or the other mods that give you a lot of flexibility, I run into constant struggles with maps failing.

Eagle

________

Author
{uZa}Lonesome Eagle
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{uZa}Amok wrote:
Good decision, Eagle! Many of the regulars are indeed fed up with spawn killing snipers. Let's see how this works out.
I saw last night that Server 1 attracted more people than over the past weeks. Very Happy

I saw in the chat logs that our sniping / camping friend TITO just came of the rails about it. Let me warn him now (in case he can read) that if I continue to see all his nasty comments about how we removed the scope because he was good with it and we don't like to die, or that we don't like him because he is an Iraq war vet, or other such stupidity, he will be looking for a new place to play.

________

Author
{uZa}Double_D
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no scope no D...taking my scope is like me taking gomers 44 its part of the game we should leave it...or take the scope and let the snipers pick what mg should be taking away...
my 2 cents

Author
Lt. Newcastle
Frag Bait

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I indicated in the sticky thread, I disagree with pulling the sniper rifle. Snipers are part of the game IMO, however annoying they may be. And also, the servers have been completely dead every night for the last few nights. Are people going elsewhere because the sniper rifle is pulled? None of the regulars have even been on lately. What's the deal? There aren't any better servers out there. Is this the end of COD2?

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just took a look through the logs back as far as 3 weeks and the traffic seems to be no different cod is getting old now summer holidays start soon and i think it will pick up a bit.As for the scopes i think it is a good idea to remove them still.If we lose a few of the campers so be it.We can watch the traffic and maybe sneak them back in,in a couple of weeks time.And if the problems start up again then take them back out.But my question is,if you feel the need to snipe and scope why not do it on a server set up to do that.Or is racking up a good score sniping people spawning more important ? Which it seems to be for the few.

Author
{uZa}Having Fun
Post Ho

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really like it without the (spawn-)snipers !
to camp out with a scope is way too easy ,
it was getting frustrating to spawn with a bullit in you're head a few times in a row
scoping the spawn has nothing to do with skill !

Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running
around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Call of Duty 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: