Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Sniper rifles removed on Server 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Call of Duty 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
{uZa}Lonesome Eagle
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Sniper rifles removed on Server 1 Reply with quote

I pulled the sniper rifles for a while as there were increasing complaints and indications that many of our regulars were growing tired of every map having 2-3 people camped in some hidey-hole sniping the spawn points with a scope.

We tend to run smaller run & gun maps for the most part and that is the style of play that is most popular with both our members and regular players. Sniping can be fun too, but on these smaller maps with only 2 or 3 spawn points per side, it is too easy to just camp the spawns with the scope and that frustrates folks.

I know that there are ways to combat the sniper in a window, and in fact it can be fun to sneak around behind and bash 'em. As I said though, on our smaller maps, too often you get a bullet in the eye the second you spawn, and after that happens about 10 times in a row on a map many folks just leave.

This has probably been a year coming. I am NOT one of those who think that window camping, laying down, bunny hopping, sniping or any of the other strategies that frustrate some folks are bad things. Many of these are not my style of play, but they are legitimate ways of playing the game and I have never criticized anyone for playing that way. I only decided to give this a try when it became clear that our preference for smaller "street fight" style maps, combined with a few folks who get a scope and find a rat hole on every map was driving folks away.

We are going to try it without the scope for a while and see how it goes. There may be a few folks who like the scope and find another server to play on. Fair enough. I have watched this issue for quite a long time, and believe that many, many folks have either stopped playing as much or left altogether due to frustrations with campers with scopes.

Eagle

________

Author
{uZa}gomerpyle
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You da man, Eagle. Cool

Author
{uZa}Studdog +SC+
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might consider leaving the scopes but make them a lot less effective. That way you can't do very good with a scope, but those that insist on using them would still have the option. Then they become easy kills. Twisted Evil

I like how the sniper rifles are set up on server 3. It usually takes two shots for a kill. That gives me enough time to fire back with a machine gun and get a one shot kill.

Another option would be to limit the reload and clip size for rifles. Hard to get many spawn kills if the people are gone after the first shot.

If the gun and run is what majority want, then machine guns should be the only choice or be the most advantagious. IMHO

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a good decision. It puts a new spin on the way the maps are played and it will probably increase server traffic. If there is still demand for snipers, it could be limited to maybe one or two a team or something of that sort. I'd like to see how this plays out first though.

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO MORE scopes woohoo you should be here today all the maps are great once more, it should stay this way .Its the best thing we have don e in ages the server is busy once more .People are joining and staying Very Happy Let the scopers go find a sniper server.

http://tinyurl.com/yobjfs

Author
Lt. Newcastle
Frag Bait

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a sniper or a camper and sometimes those folks do frustrate you when they down you, but that's part of the game. Nading people probably frustrates people too, but that's part of the game as well. Bunny hopping, on the other hand, has no place in the game IMO. I have to say I disagree with the elimination of scopes. Plus, and I don't know if it's a coincidence or what, but in the last three nights or so there have been 0-5 people on the server at a time at 8, 9, 10 and 11 Central Time. Where is everyone? Is this server or COD itself OPD? I hope not because this is the best server out there.

Author
^sM()k3©
Post Ho

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lt. Newcastle wrote:
I'm not a sniper or a camper and sometimes those folks do frustrate you when they down you, but that's part of the game. Nading people probably frustrates people too, but that's part of the game as well. Bunny hopping, on the other hand, has no place in the game IMO. I have to say I disagree with the elimination of scopes. Plus, and I don't know if it's a coincidence or what, but in the last three nights or so there have been 0-5 people on the server at a time at 8, 9, 10 and 11 Central Time. Where is everyone? Is this server or COD itself OPD? I hope not because this is the best server out there.
bunny hopping has no place in the game than why do we have a jump option i know its i know its some what low but so is cooking a nade and throwing at the enemies feet knowing u would lose the fire fight not going to mention names or anything. Wink

Author
Lt. Newcastle
Frag Bait

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.[/quote] bunny hopping has no place in the game than why do we have a jump option i know its i know its some what low but so is cooking a nade and throwing at the enemies feet knowing u would lose the fire fight not going to mention names or anything. Wink[/quote]

Are you kidding? Maybe we should just use bows and arrows and rocks. That would make everything even.

Author
{uZa}Capt.Spamada
Post Ho

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lt. Newcastle wrote:
bunny hopping has no place in the game than why do we have a jump option i know its i know its some what low but so is cooking a nade and throwing at the enemies feet knowing u would lose the fire fight not going to mention names or anything. Wink[/quote]

Are you kidding? Maybe we should just use bows and arrows and rocks. That would make everything even.[/quote]

all this complaining.

Author
{uZa}Having Fun
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's just a game to have fun !
in a real combat i would hide with a scope ..... or better hide in a bunker and lock the door !

let's see how this goes on the server .... i like it this way !

Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running
around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music...

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunny hopping is part of every game that has the jump ability. Bunny hopping doesn't always help you on CoD2 in ever situation. Every player has the ability to do it, so it's not unfair in anyway especially since your player gets extremely slow after a jump is done.

Author
Lt. Newcastle
Frag Bait

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capt.CaNaDa wrote:
Lt. Newcastle wrote:
bunny hopping
all this complaining.

Actually, I'm just making a response. The complaining is about the scopes.

Author
{uZa}SirSnipes
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like to play now.. lots of peeps on and no problem to snipe with rifle.. Very Happy

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday we had traffic on the server with between 5 and 20 people over 57 maps during the days rotation thats out of a possible daily rotation of 72 maps,the maps not played being in the middle of the night so its picking up again very well,we still have 3 or 4 people whining about the scopes being missing,Who cares the gaming fun is back. Smile

http://tinyurl.com/yobjfs

Author
{uZa}SirSnipes
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Call of Duty 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: