Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Hold off another week for that upgrade boys!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> All Things Computers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
sCaryDeth
Post Ho

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Hold off another week for that upgrade boys! Reply with quote

I'm sure many of you have already heard, but just in case. I was JUST about to order my system this morning too..... lol

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/intel/showdoc.aspx?i=3038&p=2

Author
uZa Ten*K
Post Ho

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welly, welly, well... looks like the pool of excuses for all you folks slacking in the upgrade department is starting to dry up.

near top end amd X2 6000 $170, quality AM2 Asus mobo $170, and a DX-10 Vid card (8600GTS) for "gasp" $170!

lets see, that card will fit in a mid tower, neither the cpu or the vid card are super power mongers so a 480W or so PSU should be fine... RAM prices are ridiculously low (240pin DDR2 Wintec 2X1GB Dual Channel kit for $75)....

lets see, that's about... $600 w/shipping... so if the po folk can (Canadians, insert "shovel snow" here) mow 24 lawns at $25 a pop, the system is paid for. 2 or 3 yards a day... you can have this dough by next week. Or, if you are a minimum wage earner, that's a measly 16 shifts after taxes...

Of course, this isn't counting any birthday/holiday money... Hey, you can get $75 a pint for a "packed red cell" blood donation. and you can give every 6 weeks. so, you can get in maybe 3 donations before the release of CoD4, so thats $225, and then you only need to mow like... 15 lawns!

I guess what I'm saying is, if you aren't packing the firepower by the release date (especially since prices have nowhere to go but DOWN), then we won't be seeing you in-game, and really... won't feel too bad about it.

Humanism- Less Filling, Tastes Great.

Author
sCaryDeth
Post Ho

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or take the blinders off and realize that Intel makes the better processor today and pay a mere $5 more and get the Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 and enjoy that seXy assed 4MB L2 Cache. Smile

I agree with 10K otherwise. Get to work so we're all ready for the next big uZa game that's over the horizon!

Author
uZa Ten*K
Post Ho

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you leave my blinders out of this! Cool (<-- me, w/blinders)

and yes, intel, or AMD... the point is still the same. GO MOW A LAWN!

Humanism- Less Filling, Tastes Great.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> All Things Computers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: