Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

For christ sake nVidia - ANOTHER DRIVER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> All Things Computers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
:[GOB]:JackC
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: For christ sake nVidia - ANOTHER DRIVER Reply with quote

2 days ago they released 163.69 drivers (after about 3 BETA versions) now they have released ANOTHER set of BETA drivers for version 163.71. I shan't bother to upgrade to these as I am sure a newer set will be out tomorrow Rolling Eyes
Besides it's only fixes are:

-Improved compatability with PT Boats: Knights of the Sea

-Added NVIDIA SLI profile for Team Fortress 2

so if you play them then I suppose you should get them but for christ sake nVidia, can't you go 3 days without releasing new drivers.
This is madness......madness?...THIS IS SPARTA.

The drivers are for XP and Vista 32 and 64 bit versions:

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_rel70betadriver.html

Author
{uZa}Studdog +SC+
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does seem crazy with the nVidia drivers, but look at the positive side; nVidia is being very active at making new drivers to keep everything at it's best. I just wish it was easier to keep the drivers updated without needing to create a new profile with each update. Can be rather time consuming. Crying or Very sad That's why I only update when I get the itch to try a new driver.

It really does seem crazy to put more out in two days, but at the same time it's a pain when released dates keep getting set back one more day to add one more item and repeat repeat. It's also a way of keeping gamers talking about nVidia on a regular basis. Kind of an advertising scheme maybe! Shocked

Thanks for the heads up on the drivers!

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks jack my old friend and git I hope they repair the beta for xp they just released as it messes with my guild wars Sad They fixed it on the last one but that did odd things too lol oh well talk to you soon.

http://tinyurl.com/yobjfs

Author
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's starting to get busy as all new releases are coming out in a short space of time and I know it's good they are showing their support but in the space of a week I have seen 2 BETAs, and a WHQL signed driver. It's crazy.

I would rather them say 'ok, a new driver in 2 weeks but it will have fixes for this, this and this'. It's like doing baby steps at the moment.

Ren - I hope the new drivers help Guild Wars. Apparently these new ones are meant to improve compatability with Crysis Beta but it isn't listed as an official 'fix'.

Author
uZa Ten*K
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: For christ sake nVidia - ANOTHER DRIVER Reply with quote

:[GOB]:JackC wrote:
2 days ago they released 163.69 drivers (after about 3 BETA versions) now they have released ANOTHER set of BETA drivers for version 163.71. I shan't bother to upgrade to these as I am sure a newer set will be out tomorrow Rolling Eyes
Besides it's only fixes are:

-Improved compatability with PT Boats: Knights of the Sea

-Added NVIDIA SLI profile for Team Fortress 2

so if you play them then I suppose you should get them but for christ sake nVidia, can't you go 3 days without releasing new drivers.
This is madness......madness?...THIS IS SPARTA.

The drivers are for XP and Vista 32 and 64 bit versions:

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_rel70betadriver.html

you said "shan't"

Humanism- Less Filling, Tastes Great.

Author
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was peeved and couldn't think of another word Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> All Things Computers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: