Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Demo problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Unreal Tournament Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Demo problems Reply with quote

I downloaded the demo and everything installed fine. When I went to start it up, the screen showed up that has the guy standing in the red holding a weapon. It stayed there a for a few moments before going into the game. The screen went black and I got an error message saying that that Windows had encountered an error followed by the "UT3 has encountered an error and needs to close" message. When I get back to my desktop, my resolution is out of whack and I can't adjust it or anything else, and this forces me to restart.

I've tried two different copies of the demo from two different sites and I keep having the same problem. Anyone have any ideas?

Author
{uZa}Bullet Sponge
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is EXACTLY what happens to me....i uninstalled the demo and will wait for the game to come before i try it....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Author
:[GOB]:JackC
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehe. At first I could get into the game, then when I had to register (yes, register) to make my profile, it asked for my email address. I went to type the @ symbol and it bought up the console, allowing me not to do it. So I had to copy and paste the symbol in. I mean SRSLY, a beta version of a demo...what has the world come to?

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've Googled and I still can't figure it out. This is really frustrating because I was wanting to try it.

Author
{uZa}gomerpyle
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have the latest drivers?

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just downloaded the latest to see how that worked. It got me a little farther. I made it through all the advertising screens at the beginning and suddenly I went to a type of "blue screen of death." It was acting like there was a problem with one of the files in my drivers that was stuck in an infinite loop so it shut the PC down to prevent serious damage.

I'm not sure what is going on because I used driver cleaner and properly installed everything to my knowledge. I don't know what's going on.

Author
{uZa}gomerpyle
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just glanced at the epic forums, and one guy said antivirus can cause a problem. He specifically mentioned AVG, and even went as far as uninstalling it. If you do have it, or other antivirus stuff running, you might try killing all of its processes in the task manager before launching the demo and see what that does.

You might make sure DirectX is up to date.

If you have a dual core processor, there is a hotfix for it someone mentioned.

Logs are located at My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\Logs\Launch.log

It looks like others are having the same problems as you, so it might not be anything on your end. Still, I can understand your frustration. Confused

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate your help Gomer. I've been reading over there as well and I didn't notice the AVG thing. I'll give that a shot also. It looks like they just didn't plan the release very well, but maybe I'll figure something out.

Thanks again. Cool

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just installed everything that had to do with AVG and the game runs perfectly now.

Thanks again Gomer!

Author
{uZa}gomerpyle
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got it working! What do you think of the demo?

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only played offline, but it pretty much had the same old feel and gameplay. I'm sure it will be a lot better once I get my upgrades done in the next couple of months. I still enjoyed the CoD4 demo and multiplayer beta better though. Hopefully they will all be good enough to where it is hard to choose between them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Unreal Tournament Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: