Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

White Screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> All Things Computers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
Killer86
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: White Screen Reply with quote

Ok here's the deal. This started last Sunday and has happened 4-5 times since, mostly just after startup. After my laptop starts up I open Firefox to go check my email. Well this morning while I was in my email, my computer just froze up and all I saw was a white screen. I couldn't get it to work in the half hour I had before class. I just got back from class, turned it on, and it appears to be working fine. The white screen takes up the whole entire screen and I can't click anything, I have to manually shut it off. On Sunday when it happened I was on Yahoo setting my fantasy hockey rosters for the day. This problem happened to me a few days ago while I was on Google Earth as well. I'm thinking my hard-drive is about to take a crap and go out on me. If it was a virus, I would assume the whole computer wouldn't work but being that after about an hour turned off and start it up again it works just fine. The problem hasn't happened everyday either. It didn't happen at all yesterday but it happened twice on Tuesday.

Any ideas to what the problem is? Is my hard-drive about ready to die on me? I'm guessing there's no way to fix this that doesn't involve resetting the current hard-drive or getting a new one.

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a quick google it seems a common problem.and appears to be a loose or corroded connection between the screen and cable.google white screen on laptop and see what you find.

http://tinyurl.com/yobjfs

Author
Killer86
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright thanks Ren. I'm going home this weekend so I'll make a trip up to CompUSA where I bought it and see if they can fix it. It doesn't sound like it would require a complete wiping of the hard-drive which is something I don't need to do yet again!

Author
uZa Ten*K
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, but it is also a common problem after using the laptop for "fantasy hockey"

Humanism- Less Filling, Tastes Great.

Author
{uZa}Studdog +SC+
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uZa Ten*K wrote:
no, but it is also a common problem after using the laptop for "fantasy hockey"

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> All Things Computers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: