Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Firefox not saving passwords

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> All Things Computers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
Killer86
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Firefox not saving passwords Reply with quote

Here's the deal

I'm having an issue with my FireFox. I have all the forums and messageboards I use, I have the passwords saved so I don't have to constantly type them in when I go to them. Well lately, everytime I close the browser and open it up again, all the sites I have passwords saved to logged me out. ClubGP is a good example of this. I go to ClubGP and when I log on, I check the box thats says "Save your password." Then it asks if you want it to remember it all the time and I click yes. I thought maybe my security settings got changed and I looked and as far as I can tell they haven't. I also clicked on Show Passwords and all the one's I have that are supposed to be saved were listed yet it logs me out whenever I close Firefox. I also have the box that says "Always clear my private data when I close Firefox" unchecked so that shouldnt be causing it. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox but the problem still exists.

Anyone have any ideas? It really is a pain to have to keep logging on every time I close the browser.

Author
{uZa}HiTechRedneck
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check to see if you have your internet options set to delete cookies and/or temporary internet files when you shut down...

Hope this helps...

Author
Killer86
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that you mention it, I did up the internet option privacy setting from Medium to Medium High. Maybe that blocked it from saving them? On that note, I thought changing the internet options via the control panel only affected Internet Explorer as that is the default browser on my computer, although I did change it to FireFox being the default browser...

Author
Killer86
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope dropping the privacy setting in internet options from Med-High to Med didn't fix it.

Author
{uZa}gomerpyle
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open Firefox, go to Tools, then Options

Go to the Privacy tab, make sure you are accepting cookies, and then look under Private Data, and see if the "Always clear my private data when I close Firefox" is checked. If it is, then click the Settings button next to it. Uncheck "Saved Passwords" and "Cookies" so you don't dump those every time you close Firefox.

Less likely, but worth mentioning, is going to the Security Tab. Make sure you didn't actually uncheck the "Remember passwords for sites" selection. While you're there, click the exceptions button next to it and see if any of the culprit sites are in there.

If you're still having problems, let me know.

Author
{uZa}Double_D
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinstall firefox go and delete all the cookies and start fresh?

Author
Killer86
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gomer, I double checked my settings and the Always clear private data box was unchecked. In the settings for the private data everything was checked except for "Saved Passwords." So the "Cookies" button was checked but because the "Always clear my private data when I close Firefox" was unchecked that shouldn't have been an issue I wouldn't think. The remember passwords was checked. What's odd is when I go into the Security tab and click "Show Passwords" all the passwords I have saved are listed which shows that Firefox is saving the passwords.

I tried reinstalling it last night and it kept coming back with the same issues of logging me out when I shut the browser so I'm thinking it must be something with my settings. I did clear out my private data over the weekend so that cleared all my passwords. When I went back to the sites though, I did the same as before, Logged in, clicked on the check box on the site to save my login info then when I click login, Firefox popped up with that message about remembering passwords and I clicked on "Always."

Author
{uZa}gomerpyle
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under Security, is the Accept cookies from sites checked? It should be. And you want to keep them until they expire. If you have it set to accept until you close Firefox, then that could cause the problem.

Let me know or we'll find another solution.

Author
Killer86
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the box to accept cookies is checked and it's also set to "Accept until they expire." That's what is really puzzling me about this problem. Everything that should be checked/unchecked is just that.

Author
{uZa}Double_D
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i throw my wireless mouse from time to time seems to make me feel better

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> All Things Computers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: