Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Darn Red Rings...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Game Consoles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
Spamitarium
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeathByMunky wrote:
I'm about to ship another one off this week. Evil or Very Mad

Jeeze, you have bad luck with your 360s, Munky Shocked

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately yes, I do. It's ridiculous that I had to get a spare to play while my other is being shipped off. I basically interchange them as one always breaks when I get the other back.

Author
Spamitarium
Post Ho

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least you can still play while it's being shipped. It could be worse, where you don't have any 360 to play after you ship it.

Author
Knight
Post Ho

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine just died lol i think mine died from UNDER playing it lol i barely touched it some days the ironic thing is my friend treats his like total shit runs it for 20+ hours gives it a 5 min break gets back on for 20 more hours and MINE is the one that breaks....but i didnt get the red rings i only got one and its on the bottom left hand side of my 360

Author
**BAM**
Frag Bait

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got mine back last night, let the good times roll! But for how long....? Err.... Confused

**BAM**

Frag The Weak, Hurdle The Dead =D

Author
{uZa}Capt.Spamada
Post Ho

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all you people and your pre september 360's. Laughing
i think the ones that came out after sept 07 are all fine.

i treat my 360 like crap, i leave it on all the time, and go to school or just pause the game and go out lol.

Author
Knight
Post Ho

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol see thats what my friend does lol and i treat mine like a god i rarely play it for fear of breaking it and....well.....you know the rest i hate that i bought mine in march

Author
{uZa}Capt.Spamada
Post Ho

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i left my 360 on right now lol. Laughing

Author
:[GOB]:JackC
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From working in a game store I have still seen people returning their 360's as faulty. And not all of them could have been doing it themselves. I have a 360 myself and am freightened of turning the thing on. My Ps3 has had zero problems, is nice and cool and most of all quiet. Not to want a DVD with jumbo jet in the background. I am annoyed with developers treating the PS3 like a second class system. PS3 is the most superior console this generation and is very quickly catching up with the 360 and for the last few months have outsold a 360 by a fair number.

We got over 200 copies of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue on Thursday, OVER 200, that's insane. By the end of Friday we were just under 100. We sold LOADS of Ps3's and not a single 360 or Wii was sold. I think the PS3 is a brilliant system. The only thing 360 is a clear winner is online service. Live has so many features that make it easier to use. The Ps3 is getting these features and with HOME coming out soon, I wouldn't be surprised to see Live become free. HOME will be a revolutionary way on how we look at an online community.

I am getting all my multiplayer focused games on 360 and everything else on PS3.

(sorry to kinda rant there but I think 08 is the end of 360 and overall, Sony's year Wink )

Author
Spamitarium
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but the 360 kicks the PS3's ass. I've played both and I adamantly hate the PS3. I like more of the games on 360 that are exclusive than the games on PS3 that are exclusive. The 360 controller feels more comfortable than the PS3's, and that six-axis crap is dumb. If I want motion-sensing, I'll play my Wii. Plus the PS3 is just too damn expensive to buy for the couple of good exclusive games it has.

Until the PS3 gets more and better exclsuive games and a price drop, I'm not going to buy one. (I've played it many times at my friend's house. 360 >>>>>>>>>> PS3)

This is just my opinion though, so you don't have to listen to me.

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason I have a 360 is because of Live and that's it. There's not a single exclusive title that I couldn't live without, but it would be hard to part ways with guys I've known for years upon years.

I'm sick of Microsoft and their half anus'd systems. I've had nothing but trouble with the 360, but I'm stuck whether I like it or not. Whenever I get enough money saved up, I'll definately be picking up a PS3.

Author
{uZa}Capt.Spamada
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have only loved my 360, like i have said never ever had a problem runs like a gem.

PS3's are fun, i will get one some time this year, but i dont think it is the greatest thing, i dont think the 360 is the greatest thing, and i dont think a PC is the greatest thing, they all have their own ups and downs.

Author
:[GOB]:JackC
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true Spamada but just as a friendly rant, look at 360's exclusives this year for 360 worth buying:

Fable 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Gears of War 2

PS3:

Metal Gear Solid 4
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (already released in the UK - amazing game)
Little Big Planet
Haze
Resistance 2
Motorstorm 2
Final Fantasy 13
Final Fantasy Vs 13
Killzone 2
Metal Gear Online
White Knight Story
God of War III (MAYBE, but cannot wait)
Crysis (been announced, maybe this year)

And that's just this year. You surely cannot believe that 360 has a better lineup this year? Sony have 150+ exclusive games coming out soon. You said you wanted more exclusives, well see:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=pslounge&thread.id=267865

What does 360 have?

And I personally disagree with the whole 'six axis is dumb' malarky lol. If it's there, so what. It's not really heavily focused upon anyway. Ratchet and Clank for example you use it to guide yourself when flying through the air. On Army of Two you use it to guide the paraglider. On Uncharted (best game on the PS3) you use it to keep balance when walking across logs suspended in high areas. It's only subtle. Besides, the Wii may have better motion sensing but that doesn't mean the games on the Wii are any better. See IMO I hate the Wii but I can see it's appeal. But having owning both 360 and PS3 I just feel that the 360 is just 'urgh' now. It's becoming a pain in the ass for me. Really loud, really unreliable and just a generall...well, pain. PS3 however is slick and quiet. BTW you know HD DVD has failed the 'war' against the BluRay so expect to see more BluRay films out soon. You can watch them on a PS3 and really, a BluRay player costs in the UK, around £700-£1000. Get one in a PS3 for £300 and according to many sites, it's the best quality one so it's not really a bad deal.

Xbox 360 has games out NOW, yes. I accept that. But PS3 will totally wipe out the 360 in coming months and will last A LOT longer. 360 is showing it's limitations. Xbox have pretty much used all their big hitters already. Halo 3 being the main one and IMO the most overated series created (but I still own it). PS3 so far have had I think TWO franchises from previous generation consoles moved over. Ratchet and Clank and Gran Turismo. They haven't even touched their main 1st party games yet.

2008 is the year PS3 will start making itself known and it has already started.

But hey, that's just MY opinion and is not meant to sound aggressive or unfriendly Smile

Author
Spamitarium
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:[GOB]:JackC wrote:
That's true Spamada but just as a friendly rant, look at 360's exclusives this year for 360 worth buying:

Fable 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Gears of War 2

PS3:

Metal Gear Solid 4
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (already released in the UK - amazing game)
Little Big Planet
Haze
Resistance 2
Motorstorm 2
Final Fantasy 13
Final Fantasy Vs 13
Killzone 2
Metal Gear Online
White Knight Story
God of War III (MAYBE, but cannot wait)
Crysis (been announced, maybe this year)

And that's just this year. You surely cannot believe that 360 has a better lineup this year? Sony have 150+ exclusive games coming out soon. You said you wanted more exclusives, well see:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=pslounge&thread.id=267865

What does 360 have?

And I personally disagree with the whole 'six axis is dumb' malarky lol. If it's there, so what. It's not really heavily focused upon anyway. Ratchet and Clank for example you use it to guide yourself when flying through the air. On Army of Two you use it to guide the paraglider. On Uncharted (best game on the PS3) you use it to keep balance when walking across logs suspended in high areas. It's only subtle. Besides, the Wii may have better motion sensing but that doesn't mean the games on the Wii are any better. See IMO I hate the Wii but I can see it's appeal. But having owning both 360 and PS3 I just feel that the 360 is just 'urgh' now. It's becoming a pain in the ass for me. Really loud, really unreliable and just a generall...well, pain. PS3 however is slick and quiet. BTW you know HD DVD has failed the 'war' against the BluRay so expect to see more BluRay films out soon. You can watch them on a PS3 and really, a BluRay player costs in the UK, around £700-£1000. Get one in a PS3 for £300 and according to many sites, it's the best quality one so it's not really a bad deal.

Xbox 360 has games out NOW, yes. I accept that. But PS3 will totally wipe out the 360 in coming months and will last A LOT longer. 360 is showing it's limitations. Xbox have pretty much used all their big hitters already. Halo 3 being the main one and IMO the most overated series created (but I still own it). PS3 so far have had I think TWO franchises from previous generation consoles moved over. Ratchet and Clank and Gran Turismo. They haven't even touched their main 1st party games yet.

2008 is the year PS3 will start making itself known and it has already started.

But hey, that's just MY opinion and is not meant to sound aggressive or unfriendly Smile

See, but alot of those PS3-exclusive games I don't like. Which is why I like my 360 more. When there are exclusive games for the PS3 that I like, I'll think about getting one. MGS4, Little Big Planet, and GoW3 aren't enough to make me buy one. And from the sound of how you use six-axis in the games you mentioned (I have yet to play them, but I've played Army of Two on the 360), I can already tell I won't like it.

Halo 3 isn't as good as everyone makes it to be, and while I like the game, it's not my favorite game out there.

Wii is right now the bomb because of Super Smash Bros Brawl. Best arcade/party game next to DDR.

IMO Gran Turismo, Killzone, and Resistance is overrated. I think they are mediocre at best. FF7 is the best of all the FF games, period, so FF13 isn't anything to jump over. If I want to play Crysis, I'll just get it for my PC. So FOR ME, the 360 has as good of a lineup as the PS3 right now.

And you forgot to mention Too Human, which is going to be 360-exclusive. Not sure if it'll come out this year, but when it comes out, it's going to rule.

Author
Knight
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well answer this then howcome my friends 360 that he had since LAUNCH totally treats it like shit and its never broken plus hes had the 3 red rings and he just turns it on and off and it works again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Game Consoles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: