Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Darn Red Rings...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Game Consoles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
{uZa}Capt.Spamada
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you got shit luck? Laughing

Author
:[GOB]:JackC
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
See, but alot of those PS3-exclusive games I don't like.

I fail to see how you can dislike a game or a whole list of games that aren't even released.

Quote:
MGS4, Little Big Planet, and GoW3 aren't enough to make me buy one.

But by the sounds of it. Brawl is enough to own a Wii. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
And from the sound of how you use six-axis in the games you mentioned (I have yet to play them, but I've played Army of Two on the 360), I can already tell I won't like it.

Meh, but it's one you should really try before you say you won't like it. It really is subtle.

Quote:
Halo 3 isn't as good as everyone makes it to be, and while I like the game, it's not my favorite game out there.

Agreed. Smile

Quote:
Wii is right now the bomb because of Super Smash Bros Brawl. Best arcade/party game next to DDR.

See I'm not a fan of party games. And you kinda contradicted yourself. You say you wouldn't buy a PS3 for just a few games then you make it sound like Brawl is the only reason the Wii is good.

Quote:
IMO Gran Turismo, Killzone, and Resistance is overrated.

Resistance - I don't think is overated anyway. I think the general thoughts on the game are 'above average'

Killzone - First one was generic/10, but the second is shaping up to be really good.

Gran Turismo 5 - Best racing game ever made.

Quote:
FF7 is the best of all the FF games, period, so FF13 isn't anything to jump over.

I CAN see where you are coming from there. In my opinion FF7 is the best game ever made and is my favourite of all time so yeah, won't beat it but FF13 will be one to check out at least.

Quote:
If I want to play Crysis, I'll just get it for my PC.

FOR ME, Play Crysis on a PC that SHOULD run it but struggles on medium to high settings or on a Playstation 3 where the graphics are consistant, have a decent framerate and on a nice big TV? no brainer. And also, why have a 360? You can get Bioshock, COD4, ORange Box and soon Mass Effect and Halo 3. Why need a 360

Quote:
And you forgot to mention Too Human, which is going to be 360-exclusive. Not sure if it'll come out this year, but when it comes out, it's going to rule.

I have to admit, I did laugh there. Too Human?... more like phail human. Looks like Dynasty Warriors coated with a Sci-Fi theme and I estimate will get 7's and just average scores. Like I predicted with Dark Sector (the game which ripped off just about every decent game out there)

But hey, whatever takes your fancy but at the end of the day, which system will have MGS4... Smile

Last edited by :[GOB]:JackC on Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Author
{uZa}Capt.Spamada
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont see anything great about Too Human, at all, looks like an average game.

Author
Spamitarium
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:[GOB]:JackC wrote:
I fail to see how you can dislike a game or a whole list of games that aren't even released.

But by the sounds of it. Brawl is enough to own a Wii. Rolling Eyes

Meh, but it's one you should really try before you say you won't like it. It really is subtle.

Agreed. Smile

See I'm not a fan of party games. And you kinda contradicted yourself. You say you wouldn't buy a PS3 for just a few games then you make it sound like Brawl is the only reason the Wii is good.

Resistance - I don't think is overated anyway. I think the general thoughts on the game are 'above average'

Killzone - First one was generic/10, but the second is shaping up to be really good.

Gran Turismo 5 - Best racing game ever made.

I CAN see where you are coming from there. In my opinion FF7 is the best game ever made and is my favourite of all time so yeah, won't beat it but FF13 will be one to check out at least.

FOR ME, Play Crysis on a PC that SHOULD run it but struggles on medium to high settings or on a Playstation 3 where the graphics are consistant, have a decent framerate and on a nice big TV? no brainer. And also, why have a 360? You can get Bioshock, COD4, ORange Box and soon Mass Effect and Halo 3. Why need a 360

I have to admit, I did laugh there. Too Human?... more like phail human. Looks like Dynasty Warriors coated with a Sci-Fi theme and I estimate will get 7's and just average scores. Like I predicted with Dark Sector (the game which ripped off just about every decent game out there)

But hey, whatever takes your fancy but at the end of the day, which system will have MGS4... Smile

I don't like the genre of some of those games.

Wiis are cheap, the games are cheaper, and it's alot of fun. Zelda, Galaxies, Brawl, and some other games make it worth it. Plus I got it for Christmas so I didn't pay a penny for it.

I've played it at a friend's house as mentioned, and I just don't like it as much as my 360. Fun? Yes. Best? No. (I'm not saying the 360 is the best either. Just saying PS3 isn't the best console. IMO, NES and SNES are the best.

Brawl isn't the only reason the Wii is good, there are other games (as mentioned) that make it worth the small(er) price tag.

I just don't like Resistance too much. Just something about it I don't like.
I was thinking Killzone 2 was going to suck as much as Killzone 1.
IMO, Test Drive Unlimited is the best racing game out right now. It's my favorite, at least. And the Burnout games are really fun too.

I'll see if my friend gets FF13 and I'll see how it is if he does get it.

You do pose a good argument here, however (!) I already own those games for my 360, so no sense in buying it again. Crysis came out for the PC first, so if I did in fact want to play Crysis, I'd go ahead and buy it for my PC.

Too Human is an RPG, in case you didn't know. It's not just some random hack-n-slash Dynasty Warriors knock-off. I'll go out on a branch and claim it'd be in the same genre as Oblivion and Fallout 3(when it comes out). But we'll see when it is released. So far it looks to be a great game.

Author
Knight
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capt.Spamada wrote:
you got shit luck? Laughing
DAMN STRAIGHT I DO GOD IM SO PISSED LOL Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Author
Spamitarium
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight wrote:
well answer this then howcome my friends 360 that he had since LAUNCH totally treats it like shit and its never broken plus hes had the 3 red rings and he just turns it on and off and it works again

He's really lucky is all. I didn't get hit with the red rings until I made this topic. And I got mine a long time ago. It is all just luck.

Author
SnipeElite
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one has posted on this topic for a bit, but i would just like to throw in that the failure rate of Xbox 360 is now 33%. Jeez.

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnipeElite wrote:
No one has posted on this topic for a bit, but i would just like to throw in that the failure rate of Xbox 360 is now 33%. Jeez.

Is that down from 75%? Hahaha.

Author
SnipeElite
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend actually is awaiting his arrival of his 360 this Tuesday. He's a Rock Band fiend.

He got his Red Rings when we were playing over his house and a thunderstorm knocked out the power.

Within 15 minutes of it going back in we saw static on the screen. Kind of fuzzy white stuff. Then boom.

They put these new chips in the 360's now that supposedly reduces overheating. Falcon chips, or whatever they're called.

I have the Elite myself, and i haven't had any problems with it at all. No signs of Red Rings or anything.

(Wow, i sectioned those off oddly, huh?)

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been waiting ages for the Falcon chips. I really hope they do what they say. The 360 hardware may be the biggest blunder out of all consoles ever released.

Author
SnipeElite
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleh, the fact that they're forcing people to switch to that new dashboard (which is a complete ripoff of the PS3 dashboard) just sucks. It's gray. That's it! And then they have the Mii ripoffs coming too.

It's like companies cant stand not having features that other companies have.

Example: The "trophies" that are now on PS3.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Game Consoles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: