Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Guitar Hero Aerosmith and World Tour
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Game Consoles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
{uZa}ChaosFlip
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Guitar Hero Aerosmith and World Tour Reply with quote

Here's the trailer for World Tour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li8aFgSejdU

And the new drum set

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGL0BHUlPfE

I'm really excited for these two games.
Aerosmith comes out June 29th and World Tour comes out in the fall. [/url]

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll definately be picking up both of these. Hopefully they go back to making the game fun again because GH3 was basically a failure. I just hope they can up the downloadable content to Rock Band status. I'm very curious to see what the new guitars will look like since they are not signed by anyone anymore. They will all be custom.

Edit:

Chaos do you have any of the other games on 360? If so, we should play on live some times.

Author
Knight
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im really getting tired of people bashing gh3. I used to think Guitar Hero was stupid till i played gh3's demo on the 360 then i got addicted and i love gh3 i dont see anything wrong with it. Now im getting aerosmith but im not getting world tour it looks to much like rockband...and im not a big rockband fan at all i mean come on look how identical they are

RockBand

Guitar Hero 4

Author
{uZa}ChaosFlip
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeathByMunky wrote:
I'll definately be picking up both of these. Hopefully they go back to making the game fun again because GH3 was basically a failure. I just hope they can up the downloadable content to Rock Band status. I'm very curious to see what the new guitars will look like since they are not signed by anyone anymore. They will all be custom.

Edit:

Chaos do you have any of the other games on 360? If so, we should play on live some times.

Unfortunately Munky no Laughing . Aerosmith will be the first GH game I'll be buying. I'm so excited though. June 29th is the big day. I really like the aerosmith guitar that comes with the game. It looks sweet. And I get to cash in some of my graduation money.

I also hope the downloadable content does at come up to par with Rock Band. The new drum set is sick! Most realistic set I've seen. Rock band and Guitar Hero 4 are pretty similar, I'll agree with that. The only major difference is the drum set, and most likely the guitar difficulty. Guitar on the rock band is easier than guitar hero, except when it comes to the solos. Hopefully, the guitar on GH4 will be as difficult or more than the past GH games.

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar Hero 3 was a fun game, but Neversoft ruined it compared to the first two. Everything is over charted and retardedly hard. I'm not sure what difficulty you play on Knight, but if you're an expert player going from GH2 to GH3, you'd know what I mean. Most of the songs just aren't even fun. They broke the timing windows by making it big enough to back a truck through. I just don't think it was all that good.

Even Neversoft admitted they screwed up the game and they're willing to go back and make it "fun" again. I would still recommend GH2 over any game that's ever come out.

Author
{uZa}ChaosFlip
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeathByMunky wrote:
Guitar Hero 3 was a fun game, but Neversoft ruined it compared to the first two. Everything is over charted and retardedly hard. I'm not sure what difficulty you play on Knight, but if you're an expert player going from GH2 to GH3, you'd know what I mean. Most of the songs just aren't even fun. They broke the timing windows by making it big enough to back a truck through. I just don't think it was all that good.

Even Neversoft admitted they screwed up the game and they're willing to go back and make it "fun" again. I would still recommend GH2 over any game that's ever come out.

I didn't know that they messed up. I guess that's why I think GH3 is harder than rock band.

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you didn't have GH2. It's the fact that everything is over charted. On GH2 or 1, a section would be a fun hammer on / pull off area. On GH3, it would be a mad finger breaking section of random 3 note chords. Yes it's harder, and yes I can do it, but it's not as fun. I've five starred every song in every game on the expert difficulty, but after having all the games for this long, I find myself going back and play GH2 more than anything.

Here's an example of the difference between the guitar hero games:

Before I forget. GH3. Watch at 27 seconds and 3:05 on. Song = no fun.

Arterial Black. GH2. Very fun chart with notes that make sense. Solo is tough to learn but very fun once mastered.

I realize you can find bad and good charts in both games, but GH3 severely out weighs its competition in the bad area.

When I say "they broke the game," I don't literally mean broken. I mean they just got away from what made the others great.

Rock band is easier on guitar because they only chart lead. GH incorporates rhythm and lead together to form the song. Rock Band is more based around the band and fun factor that comes with it. The only real challenge on there is drums.

Author
Spamitarium
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just adding to the extra note chart things:

* Through the Fire and Flames intro shouldn't be played, as they play it on a keyboard.
* F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. has 4 extra notes per verse line (total of 24 extra notes, there are a total of 6 verse lines).

There are some others, but I can't think of them. There are some songs that are fun to play, regardless if it is lead+rhythm--songs like Don't Hold Back, Cliffs of Dover, the 3 Dropkick Murphys songs, stuff like that.

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good points Spam.

I mean don't get me wrong, there are some really fun songs to play in the game. It's just bad when I get on that game and rotate between about 10 songs. My most played song in that game is Through the Fire And Flames only because it took me so many tries to five star. Something like Raining Blood is fun let say, oh, zero times. Confused

I was also saying that lead and rhythm together are a good thing. That's why the songs are more fun to play most of the time in the GH series. Look at songs like Jessica and Arterial Black (posted earlier).

Author
Spamitarium
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeathByMunky wrote:
Good points Spam.

I mean don't get me wrong, there are some really fun songs to play in the game. It's just bad when I get on that game and rotate between about 10 songs. My most played song in that game is Through the Fire And Flames only because it took me so many tries to five star. Something like Raining Blood is fun let say, oh, zero times. Confused

I was also saying that lead and rhythm together are a good thing. That's why the songs are more fun to play most of the time in the GH series. Look at songs like Jessica and Arterial Black (posted earlier).

Drist songs are just fun to play, period... Laughing

Author
{uZa}ChaosFlip
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just ordered GH3 from wal-mart. Only $40 with a wired guitar. I won't be getting the cool aerosmith guitar, but I won't have to buy batteries either. And I only need to buy GH aerosmith game instead of the whole bundle.

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always try to win one.

http://7eleven.eprize.net/guitarhero/index.tbapp

Use the code SLURPEE.

You can use as many e-mail addresses as you want. I know quite a few people that have won the full bundle. I've been playing everyday, but my luck is not as good apparently. Sad

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing in my first tournament tomorrow. First prize gets a REAL guitar from our local Sound Shoppe. I'm pretty confident that I can actually go in and win this thing. It's a high score tournament, and I'm praying they you pick whatever song you want. If that is the case, I'll be playing One by Metallica. I've been practicing with no hyperspeed and I've gotten my high score up to around 560,000. Wish me luck!

Author
Spamitarium
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeathByMunky wrote:
I'm playing in my first tournament tomorrow. First prize gets a REAL guitar from our local Sound Shoppe. I'm pretty confident that I can actually go in and win this thing. It's a high score tournament, and I'm praying they you pick whatever song you want. If that is the case, I'll be playing One by Metallica. I've been practicing with no hyperspeed and I've gotten my high score up to around 560,000. Wish me luck!

Best of luck to you, man. The only tournaments around where I live are on Hard (WTF WHO DOESN'T PLAY A TOURNEY ON EXPERT) and everyone is always bumping into you. It is basically "you miss one note you lose".

Author
{uZa}ChaosFlip
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeathByMunky wrote:

Good luck!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Game Consoles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: