Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Guitar Hero Aerosmith and World Tour
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Game Consoles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEW GH:WT NEWS!!!!

I got this from ScoreHero, so I'll just copy and paste:

Release Information:
-Tentative release date of 10/27/08
-Tentative Full Band kit: $189.99/$179.99 (360 and PS3/PS2)
-Tentative Guitar Only kit: $99.99/$89.99 (360 and PS3/PS2)
-Tentative Game only: $59.99/$49.99 (360 and PS3/PS2)

Instruments
-There will be a new guitar, bass, microphone, and drum kit. Unique bass guitars will be used (probably for the open notes), and USB microphones are used. The microphones are the only wired instruments.
-Guitars are no longer licensed by Gibson and are custom made
-The guitars has the first ever touch-sensitive neck slide located higher on the guitar neck, allowing you to "shred how you want" in your solos.
-The old guitar controllers will still work. However, they say that you might miss out on some of the new play mechanics.
-Drum kit has 3 pads, 2 raised cymbal pads, and a bass pedal. Drums are velocity sensitive; in other words, softer hits will result in a softer sound, and harder hits will result in a louder sound.
-Star power for the drums can be activated at any time by crashing both cymbals at once.
-No announcements as of now have been made on whether Rock Band instruments will be compatible or vice/versa. However, this seems unlikely because of the non-compatibility issues in GH3 and the fact that the drum set has a different number of pads.

Gameplay
-The new "Easy Rhythm" mode for kids and newbies, where instead of having to push in frets, you simply strum along to the wide bars that are normally used for the bass drum.
-The boss battles are back, but they've been altered significantly. They are less about attacking and more about playing the song back and forth.
-GH3 Battle Mode is still in the game, but it's only for multiplayer and online now
-In band play, note streaks are combined across all players
-The wide bars (the "clear notes" as referred to in the article) will be used during the bass segments to signify "open string", meaning that you strum without pushing in a fret, adding a new spin to how the bass is played.

Career Mode
-There will be a world-tour style career mode where you choose a location and tracks you want to play at that venue, similar to Rock Band
-Unlike Rock Band, the interviewee claimed that you will "never be playing the same tracks over and over"
-There are separate career modes for at least guitar, bass, and drum (possibly vocals)
-The drum tour will add "drum solo" sections where the camera zooms in on a drummer and allows a freestyle solo

Tracks
-There are supposed to be "more tracks than in any rhythm game ever", and the interviewer mentions "at least 70"
-The Neversoft employee claims all tracks will be masters
-Van Halen, Eagles, Linkin Park, and Sublime are confirmed to have tracks in the game.
-Dream Theater is mentioned, but not confirmed to have a song.
-Lenny Kravitz's "Are You Gonna Go My Way" is played in the trailer, and gameplay of this song can be found in the ATD6 video
-On June 15th, a press announcement was made, mentioning Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Foo Fighters, Smashing Pumpkins, Korn, System of a Down, Ozzy Osbourne, Interpol, and Muse as having tracks in the game.

Characters/Customization
-Have the ability to create rockers, instruments, and logos, much like in Tony Hawk
-The classic GH characters are also available
-Their will be more special guest (real artists), but no one has been announced.
-Ted Nugent has mentioned via a radio interview that he has been mo-capped for the game and has rumored a song similar to Stranglehold being used somewhere in the game

Music Creator
-Jam Over mode: you can go into an on-disc song and remix the sounds with a free form jam, much like in Amplitude. This mode will not include vocals. After creating the remix, you can return to normal play mode and play the new note chart.
-Advanced Studio mode: a program, said to be like Apple's Garage Band, that will allow you to create your own music tracks, along with note charts for them. AS mode has an editor for guitar which can reportedly do electric or acoustic notes with a variety of sound effects, one for drums that has a normal drum kit along with Latin percussion instruments, and a keyboard editor that you can use to replace vocal tracks (which are not supported, for copyright and data storage issues)
-Each person will be allowed to upload 5 tracks, and if you receive positive reviews, you may be able to up load 10 or more

They finally got Hendrix back in the game. I'm really looking forward to Ozzy, The Doors, and System of a Down.

Also I'm really curious as to how the touch sensitive solo buttons will function. Sounds like they may end up being a peice of junk, but I guess we can hope for the best.

Author
{uZa}ChaosFlip
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow i'm really excited about this game now!!!

Author
Spamitarium
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to make my own music Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Author
{uZa}Capt.Spamada
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that isnt very hard spam, try picking up a guitar Laughing

game sounds promising.

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capt.Spamada wrote:

game sounds promising.

Haha. It's much easier to do it on a plasticTar though. Reeltar is consuming my life too much. I found myself playing until five this morning.

Author
{uZa}Capt.Spamada
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeathByMunky wrote:
Capt.Spamada wrote:

game sounds promising.

Haha. It's much easier to do it on a plasticTar though. Reeltar is consuming my life too much. I found myself playing until five this morning.

i play my bass about an hour a day.
used to play 24/7 lol

Author
Spamitarium
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capt.Spamada wrote:

game sounds promising.

I'm a singer, not a guitar player. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Game Consoles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: