Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Combat Arms--free download!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Game Preview/Review
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
{uZa}Bullet Sponge
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Combat Arms--free download!! Reply with quote

looks pretty kewl if ya ask me!!

http://combatarms.nexon.net/Intro.aspx

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Author
{uZa}WaterBoy
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK for a free game this game is pretty damn good Razz

You can customize your character's weapons, clothes, etc. with money that you win.....

Played 3 maps to 100 kills 1st team there wins....you can still run and gun, snipe or knife your way to kills....oh and you can still spawn kill like a mother Wink even though they do give you a 3 sec grace to live nothing a nade or two can not take care of Twisted Evil

Last edited by {uZa}WaterBoy on Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Author
{uZa}Lonesome Eagle
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks interesting.

________

Author
{uZa}Lonesome Eagle
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded it and gave it a try. Pretty decent graphics, modern weapons. Not much to recommend it over COD4 really. It has a ranking system associated with your account, and as you rank up you "unlock" new weapons and modifications. You can't just use the new stuff though, you have to "buy" it with virtual money you "earn" by getting kills and having your team win matches. So if you want a scope for your M14 (and who doesn't) you have to get enough kills so you have cash to "go shopping" and buy the upgrade.

All free. They seem to be planning on making their money by selling for real-world-money "character upgrades" that don't impact play (you can't "buy" an advantage) but let you get prettier uniforms, cool hats, god knows what else.

If you are sick of COD4, you will be sick of this in about 2 days, but it is free and you might want to check it out.

________

Author
{uZa}ChaosFlip
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{uZa}Lonesome Eagle wrote:
I downloaded it and gave it a try. Pretty decent graphics, modern weapons. Not much to recommend it over COD4 really. It has a ranking system associated with your account, and as you rank up you "unlock" new weapons and modifications. You can't just use the new stuff though, you have to "buy" it with virtual money you "earn" by getting kills and having your team win matches. So if you want a scope for your M14 (and who doesn't) you have to get enough kills so you have cash to "go shopping" and buy the upgrade.

All free. They seem to be planning on making their money by selling for real-world-money "character upgrades" that don't impact play (you can't "buy" an advantage) but let you get prettier uniforms, cool hats, god knows what else.

If you are sick of COD4, you will be sick of this in about 2 days, but it is free and you might want to check it out.

Yeah the whole paying for virtual money....its pretty common in free korean made games, i.e. Nexon. This is usually the case when it comes to KMMORPG's (Korean MMO's).

Author
{uZa}Double_D
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been playing it for like a month i've enjoyed it if u get on game with ur friends

Author
Spamitarium
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{uZa}Lonesome Eagle wrote:

You all can't imagine how hard I laughed when I read the "prettier uniforms", "cool hats", "god knows what else" part. I teared up from laughing so hard.

Author
{uZa}Amok
Post Ho

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A colleague of mine downloaded and installed it last night. It seems that the IP number is checked when you start the game and if you are from outside the USA, it does not work. Sad I haven't tried it myself yet.

Any ideas on that?

Respect all, fear none!
Conscia mens recti, famae mendacia ridet.

Author
{uZa}ChaosFlip
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{uZa}Amok wrote:
A colleague of mine downloaded and installed it last night. It seems that the IP number is checked when you start the game and if you are from outside the USA, it does not work. Sad I haven't tried it myself yet.

Any ideas on that?

There might be a separate game for european players. They usually have different version of the same game for each part of the world: North America, Europe, and Asia.

Author
{uZa}Amok
Post Ho

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaosFlip wrote:
{uZa}Amok wrote:

Any ideas on that?

There might be a separate game for european players. They usually have different version of the same game for each part of the world: North America, Europe, and Asia.

I'll check that. Thanks, ChaosFlip! Cool

Respect all, fear none!

Author
Lt.Blinky
Frag Bait

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the game when I started it I just got a black screen . Confused Confused Confused Confused

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it the night time version Smile

Sorry I couldn't resit. How goes it blinky ?

http://tinyurl.com/yobjfs

Author
Lt.Blinky
Frag Bait

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{uZa}renegade wrote:
Was it the night time version Smile

Sorry I couldn't resit. How goes it blinky ?

Very funny (Ha Ha Ha ) Where is every one playing now. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the free trial of team fortress we have a server up Links in the lounge.Not playing much these days just bits of everything really.

http://tinyurl.com/yobjfs

Author
{uZa}Amok
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lt.Blinky wrote:
I downloaded the game when I started it I just got a black screen . Confused Confused Confused Confused

I had the same problem. Deleted the whole shebang... Evil or Very Mad

Respect all, fear none!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Game Preview/Review All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: