Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Problem still not solved...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Call of Duty 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Problem still not solved... Reply with quote

A few of you attempted to help me out last night, but we all seemed to be stumped. I'm still getting the random error messages when attempting to load the maps. I've read and read, and all I can come up with is people saying there is a problem with the files becoming corrupt. They suggest reinstalling and after doing so, I still received the same problems. I copied the files directly from disk 2 to my main folder and it didn't help.

Here's an example of the errors I'm getting:

couldn't load maps/mp/mp_raquert_final.d3dbsp

Cmod_LoadLeafBrushes: brushIndex exceeded

I thought these may be problems related to the maps themselves initially, but I was able to play a map after restarting at one point that I couldn't play before. I thought they problem was fixed, but the next map took me back to the "couldn't load map" error.

I also thought I should note that upon installation, I was given this:

I'm almost willing to bet that this has something to do with the problem. I have to "explore" the CD just to get to the setup file. Apparently this error goes back to Windows (surprise surprise) .net framework somehow.

I'm at my wits end on what to do, and I'll gladly give anyone any info they need if they can help me out. I've been going through websites for about five hours straight now with no luck. This is really frustrating.

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a total lame brain at some stuff.But why is Cod trying to load files from a "D" drive normally everything is on "C"

http://tinyurl.com/yobjfs

Author
{uZa}HiTechRedneck
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you trying to play COD2 straight from the CD??? The setup program should be installing to your C: drive... If your autoplay is not working, run X:\setup.exe where X=your CD-ROM drive... Make sure it's installing to your C:\ drive... It almost looks like you are trying to run COD2 straight off the CD in the D:\Setup\RSCR\ directory... This won't work...

If that doesn't help, let us know what version of winblows you are running, drive configuration (C:\ - HDD1, D:\ - HDD2, E:\ - CD-RW1, F:\ - DVD-RW, etc, etc)... And also, how much RAM you have... One way or another, we should be able to get you up and running...

Author
{uZa}Lonesome Eagle
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be tempted to go to microsoft and get the latest and greatest C++ runtime libraries and install them. I don't understand the conflict with the C++ .dll's in ../OFFICE12, but clearly you have a problem wtih your C++ runtime libraries. I think if you can find the lastest and greatest redistributable runtime package and install it you might find it works better.

Try this package and see if it fixes the problem. Microsoft C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9B2DA534-3E03-4391-8A4D-074B9F2BC1BF&displaylang=en

I don't think your problem is .net related, don't forget that .net is really just Visual Basic on steroids, and the error you are getting is pointing to a conflict with a C++ .dll file.

Eagle

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{uZa}HiTechRedneck wrote:
Are you trying to play COD2 straight from the CD??? The setup program should be installing to your C: drive... If your autoplay is not working, run X:\setup.exe where X=your CD-ROM drive... Make sure it's installing to your C:\ drive... It almost looks like you are trying to run COD2 straight off the CD in the D:\Setup\RSCR\ directory... This won't work...

If that doesn't help, let us know what version of winblows you are running, drive configuration (C:\ - HDD1, D:\ - HDD2, E:\ - CD-RW1, F:\ - DVD-RW, etc, etc)... And also, how much RAM you have... One way or another, we should be able to get you up and running...

My D drive is the cd/dvd rom drive. I'm getting that error message when I put the disk in for installation or uninstallation. It's all installed on my C drive though.

{uZa}Lonesome Eagle wrote:
I would be tempted to go to microsoft and get the latest and greatest C++ runtime libraries and install them. I don't understand the conflict with the C++ .dll's in ../OFFICE12, but clearly you have a problem wtih your C++ runtime libraries. I think if you can find the lastest and greatest redistributable runtime package and install it you might find it works better.

Try this package and see if it fixes the problem. Microsoft C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9B2DA534-3E03-4391-8A4D-074B9F2BC1BF&displaylang=en

I don't think your problem is .net related, don't forget that .net is really just Visual Basic on steroids, and the error you are getting is pointing to a conflict with a C++ .dll file.

Eagle

I'm going to try that right now and see what I get out of it.

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for future reference, here are my specs:

Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce 8800GT

Processor:AMD Opteron Processor 175 ~2.4GHz

Ram: 2GB

Free Hard Drive space: 89.5 GBs

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still getting the .dll error and couldn't load map error even after the download. After playing this game for so many years, I've never had this problem before.

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, sorry for the quadruple post, but I've figured out a way to get rid of the .dll error.

I read where two things were causing this problem to arise. Windows defender and/or Microsoft Office 2007 was causing random dll searches to go haywire for some reason. I have absolutely no idea how it works, and I'm not in any hurry to go find out why it's doing it.

Anyway, I had Microsoft Office 2007 on my computer. I uninstalled, restarted, and put in my CoD2 disk. It fired up this time without having to go around the error messages to install the game. After finishing up the installation with no errors, I joined the uZa servers to re-download all the maps. They went through flawlessly and let me join the server. I hung around until the map change, and it let me in one of the maps that I couldn't get in last night.

I'm going to join up on the server again tonight and test it out. Hopefully all of the errors will be gone, because if they're not, I honestly don't know where to go from here.

Apparently this is a lot more common problem on the CoD front than we had once thought seeing as there are tons of Google references. If anyone runs across this problem, I hope this thread can help them out in the future.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Call of Duty 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: