Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

MP Map Issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Call of Duty 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
420somewhere
Kill me I'm new

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: MP Map Issues Reply with quote

I have asked a few on server 3 what is causing this- I'm almost certain it's something I picked up on another server... Sad Some of the maps (not all) appear on my monitor to have rainbow colored trim on the buildings or on the street sometimes. Other maps look perfectly fine. Has anyone had this issue and what do I remove to get it back to normal??? It's distracting my aim lol... Crying or Very sad

Author
{uZa}HiTechRedneck
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gay monitor???

Check your video settings... If you're pushing the video card too hard, you can sometimes get a halo effect... Can also be a sign of a monitor going out (assuming it's the old fashioned tube style, and not an LCD)...

Author
{uZa}Dellis
Post Ho

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When was the last time you updated your graphics drivers?

It may be possible that some maps are more intense, graphic wise, than others so this is pushing your video card to the max, along with your mb, cpu and memory.

Your system, from what I remember, needs to be updated.....I think you said you had a 7600 video card, correct? Well that card should work OK with COD2 but in intense fighting you'll notice video lag because your card must draw all the stuff going on....trees, explosions, smoke, bodies etc.

To help minimize this load on your card and system you can try these commands. Start your multiplayer game but DO NOT open up any servers, just stay on the multiplayer start up screen.

Go to "options" and click on "graphics". In "textures" make sure it's BILINEAR, anti-aliasing is OFF, rendering method is DIRECT 7, sync every frame is NO, optimize for SLI is NO and soften smoke edges is OFF.

Then click on "Texture Settings". If it says "Automatic" then click on "Automatic" and select "normal" for each setting and then click "Accept".

You can check your "Sound" also by making sure it's on "22 khz medium" and on "Miles Fast ld position....."

In Multi-player options make sure your connection type is on "Lan/cable/DSL"

Lastly, go to "Game Options" and click on it. From here you can turn OFF the blood effects (which can also be disabled in the command box) but also make sure that "Enable Console" is set to YES.

Now go back to your sign on screen and type in these commands inside your console box. This is opened with your tilde key.

To make these commands stick you can type them out this way:

/seta cg_brass 0 (This will remove the ejecting brass from your gun)

/seta cg_blood 0 (Turns off blood)

/seta cg_marks 0 (Turns off bullet marks)

/seta ai_corpsecount 4 (This line controls how many bodies your video card draws. The default is set at 10. Don't go any lower than 1 as it will crash your game. I find 4 to be best.)

/seta cl_maxpackets 100 (This *MIGHT* help out with your connection times)

Those are just a few things that can help lower end systems gain some resources.

Author
{uZa}Studdog +SC+
Post Ho

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

420somewhere wrote:
Some of the maps (not all) appear on my monitor to have rainbow colored trim on the buildings or on the street sometimes. .............. It's distracting my aim lol... Crying or Very sad

{uZa}HiTechRedneck wrote:
Gay monitor???............

That's funny! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Call of Duty 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: