Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

I never heard this, very interesting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
{uZa}Studdog +SC+
Post Ho

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: I never heard this, very interesting. Reply with quote

TAKEN FROM FOX NEWS:

"It's not a supernova. Nor is it a galaxy, or a black hole.

In fact, astronomers have no idea what the mysterious object that in February 2006 suddenly flared up in an otherwise barren patch of sky might be, or even what it's made of.

Researchers working on something called the Supernova Cosmology Project had pointed the Hubble Space Telescope at a very distant star cluster, 8.2 billion light-years away or more than halfway across the universe.

But they noticed something else — a point of light where there hadn't been one before.

Over the next three months, the object got brighter and brighter until it was 120 times its initial luminosity.

Then it slowly got dimmer again, at about the same rate, until by the end of the year it was gone.

Astronomers led by U.C. Berkeley astrophysics grad student Kyle Barbary put the light coming from it through a mass spectrometer to see what it was made of — but couldn't get signatures for any known elements."

If only we could know all that could be known.
This universe is awesome! Cool

Author
Spamitarium
Post Ho

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting!

Personally, I think that no matter how long the human race lives for, we'll never learn everything. There's just too much out there that we DON'T know.

Author
.:Boo Radley:.
Post Ho

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the older I get the more get the sense that Rod Serling was on to something
way ahead of his time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: