Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Silent Hill Homecoming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Game Consoles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
{uZa}Capt.Spamada
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Silent Hill Homecoming Reply with quote

Got this game yesterday with my friend Danielle.
Really fun game if you have ever played the other ones.
Im not to far into it, but so far, it has had a tight story line and game play, the fire axe is pretty good killing enemys.

anyone here played it, or going to play it?

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite game.That and resident evil.I was going to get it for xbox 360 But it is now also coming out for PC, download only through steam,so I will do that .I am looking forward to it after playing everyone they made Smile

http://tinyurl.com/yobjfs

Author
{uZa}Capt.Spamada
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pyramid head looks sick man Very Happy
Ya this game is great, having a blast.

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3x2 with the nails in or the pipe are my weapons of choice Smile

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder if you can earn pyramids knife again.Thats a proper knife Cool

Author
:[GOB]:JackC
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completed it the other day. - Fantastic. Although anyone looking for a survival horror game and wants a BIT more action and gore, check out Dead Space. Has recieved glowing reviews everywhere and I can definatly see why.

Single player only but I can safely say it's the most horrifying and wetting your pants scariest game I ever played. Think Alien meets The Thing meets Resident Evil 4 gameplay. It's pretty damn brutal too! Stomping on mutated babies faces and things. Very very violent and can easily see why it got banned in many countries. Shame it didn't have multiplayer or else you could take your anger out on the other players by literally blowing their limbs off and crushing them under your foot. Anyone looking for a survival horror/action adventure game DEFINATLY check it out. It's out now in the US on consoles, PC version coming soon.

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dead space sounds just like my type of game.Where have you been hiding ya git.Still in the UK ?

Author
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ren!

Simply too much has happened in the last few months I won't bore you with all the details but the highlights:

-Moved to the US (Austin, Texas)
-Loving it out here
-Got a house and furnished
-Passed my theory driving test, road test and got my lisence for less than the cost of a single lesson in the UK
-Everythings cheaper here
-Took 4 months to get our stuff from the UK. Got it 2 months after arriving, useless removals company.
-Oh yeah, am now 18.
-Have converted to a console gamer, it's just easier. (PS3)

Well that covered the last 4-6 months really.

Back to Dead Space, being the gore crazed nutter you are I think you will LOVE this game! If you liked Doom 3, then yeah, it's MUCH better. If you hated Doom 3, don't worry, it's MUCH better. The many many ways Issac can die are just disturbingly fantastic. Head ripped open, head ripped off, body cut in two, leg cut off, leg and head cut off, tentacles through face, you name it, you can die like it. It's great. Zero gravity sections are also very unique.
The game has caught me off guard a few times and is DEFINATLY a game I would encourage any horror fan to check out.

This screenshot may tickle your blood hungry tastebuds:

And that's the first boss.

Silent Hill: Homecoming I was very eager for also. Virtually no hype surrounded the game due to other blockbuster hits such as LittleBigPlanet, FarCry 2, Fable 2 and Gears of War 2 just to name a few.(no rhyme intended) it kinda got left in the dark, pun very intended. Many many people were skeptical of it due to it being developed by an American company and had fears of it becoming another action shooter rather than the SURVIVAL horror game it's best known for. I feel this entry in the series has achieved both. So the combat isn't THAT good, so what, why are you even fighting. You're meant to explore and solve puzzles. I think reviewers nowadays are judging survival horror games as ACTION horror, and in this regard, Silent Hill Homecoming is just OK. Judge it as a survival horror game and it's much better.
Resident Evil 5 will be rubbish as a Survival Horror game, but as an action horror game it's just the same as RE4 with a reskinning and no one can convince me otherwise. Resident Evil 5 reuses the same animations, graphics and gameplay mechanics as RE4. RE4 ruined the franchise for me but introduced many to the series and because of it's action based gameplay it pleased millions of people and Capcom being the lazy gits they are, they are not changing anything virtually.

Sorry, going off at a tangent here.

If you loved previous Silent Hills, get this. Also, GET DEAD SPACE.

Silent Hill Homecoming has now been delayed to February 09 for Europeans, so you have enough time to decide.

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dead space is on its way Smile

Author
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{uZa}Renegade wrote:

Keep a spare pair of boxer shorts on standby Wink

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:[GOB]:JackC wrote:
{uZa}Renegade wrote:

Keep a spare pair of boxer shorts on standby Wink

Man I want that game so bad. I just reserved GH:WT so it will have to wait. I heard it is really REALLY scary.

Author
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not so much scary but creepy. Has a FANTASTIC atmosphere to it. It's one of those that not many scares occur (least not up to where I am) but you are ALWAYS in anticipation of one. It's great!

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played this for a while and it's my type of game.They really need to sort the control's out on these PC console ports though.Sloppy over the shoulder camera and 3rd person shooter.It needs a 1st person option,love stomping on the bad guys though. Smile

Author
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{uZa}Renegade wrote:
Played this for a while and it's my type of game.They really need to sort the control's out on these PC console ports though.Sloppy over the shoulder camera and 3rd person shooter.It needs a 1st person option,love stomping on the bad guys though. Smile

Glad you love it Ren. I think they got the atmosphere JUST right. It's very tense.

The controls seem to be the main issue for PC players. Over the shoulder aiming in a third person game is the norm nowadays anyway. I wouldn't have thought it would be that hard to get a decent control scheme for it.

Left mouse - fire
Right mouse - over the shoulder
?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Game Consoles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: