Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Master Chief Wallpaper........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Graphics and Photography
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
{uZa}mr. brightside
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Master Chief Wallpaper........ Reply with quote

I've really started focusing on taking a picture and blending it with another through lighting effects and such, with of course brushes to give it a little fractal look. With sigs, I was limited because of the space, and so I've really started focusing my stuff on wallpapers. Here's another one like the other. Better get your shades out, this one's a bright one!

Author
{uZa}gomerpyle
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job as always! Very Happy

Author
{uZa}Canadian Girl
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job!!! I love the colours.

Smile

Author
{uZa} F8
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is bright, but thats not a bad thing. One way to check to see if its too bright is to look at it's Levels. Try for as wide a latitude as you can get . Your subject is carefully shaded, be careful to keep that distinctive. What gamma are you using? F8

Author
{uZa}mr. brightside
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, guys! Very Happy

As for gamma: I don't think I messed with any gamma, but I did mess around with the lighting effects. What I did was really add a lens flare in the top right corner for the background, and then added the same lens flare, intensity and angle, to the Master Chief, and then decided to juice it up by glossing up Master Chief with lighting effects. I did mess around with the levels, but I didn't like how it was turning out.

Author
{uZa} F8
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imported it and checked its levels. At a gamma of 1.0 you are fine. You extended the latitude of the dark areas to give more detail in the master chief's armour, so averaging the black and white ratio was not helpful in reducing overall brightness. Perhaps if you isolated the rest of the scene from the Chief, you could average out the levels of the background. The lens flare technique was very resourceful.

Author
{uZa}mr. brightside
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, so I brought the levels of the background down a bit, and that turned out great, imo, but Master Chief suddenly didn't fit the pictures lighting, so I fiddled with his levels a little, and he doesn't look as good as before, imo. Worst of all, I saved over the original, so I can't go back. But, I think it turned out pretty okay in this one. Thanks for the tip!

Author
{uZa} F8
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saved the original, would you like it?

Author
{uZa}mr. brightside
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Graphics and Photography All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: