Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

CoD5 impressions.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Call of Duty 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
:[GOB]:JackC
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: CoD5 impressions. Reply with quote

Ok. Played some CoD4, I mean CoDW@W. It feels exactly the same, which isn't really a bad thing to be honest, but it also comes across lazy and uninspired and especially a pain when it comes to paying full price for a game you essentially bought last year then put a WW2 mod on.

Graphically looks about the same. Seems to run well enough. The shotgun is back so that's good, for me. Satchels also return, so that''s good for satchel whores! Wink

I can't really say much else about the gameplay really, it's just CoD4.

There is also clan support now. I tried putting my name as :[GOB]:JackC but it wouldn't fit so I just put JackC and in the multiplayer options I tried putting :[GOB]: and THAT wouldn't fit so in the end I just entered GOB and ingame it automatically showed as [GOB]JackC.
Weapons sound good. Despite it being set in WW2 there still seems to be a rather modern looking UAV map. You still get upgrades, perks etc, it really is not that much different.

I only played 2 maps so far though. The Russian weapons seem ok, the German weapons seem ok. Overal it's fine, it's just no different.

Usually I would go more into detail but really I can't say much. It's just CoD4 with a WW2 mod on, which is what we have on our server anyway LOL.

Excuse large images:

Author
:[GOB]:JackC
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seem to be a few new weapons. Very minor though. Molotov Cocktails, bazookas etc. The rifles seem VERY underpowered IMO. Seems more of a run and gun game than CoD4.

Author
sCaryDeth
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:[GOB]:JackC wrote:
Seems more of a run and gun game than CoD4.

You just peaked my interest a bit Smile

Author
{uZa}mr. brightside
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game is a whole lot like CoD4. So much that you'd tend to forget it takes place in WWII. It's got a UAV system, a pretty cool artillery barrage, and last, but not least.... DOGS!!!!

I agree, the rifles are very underpowered. You almost certainly have to get a headshot in order to perform a one shot, one kill. I love the fact that you can use a springfield without a scope in this one, and I'm overall very pleased that bolt action is back in CoD, as I enjoyed it very much in the CoD, and CoD2.

The pistols are pretty sweet. When I'm running around with a rifle, and it wont do me much good in close quarters, my pistol makes up for everything. There is knifing, CG, and it's a lot like CoD4's knifing. Quick, and has that Samurai-like lunge.

It might be just me, because my system's pretty ancient, but it seems like the tanks have a hybrid engine, or something, because they are real quiet. I've not had the chance to use a tank yet. Speaking of which, the sounds are real good, even though I still think the rifles sound like pea shooters.

The return of the man purse is pretty sweet, and the game is gory. I saw one dude get his leg blown off, and it made a not so comfortable sound.

Okay, now..... LANGUAGE!!! Holy crap, you don't have to use the chat logs to drop F bombs anymore. One round when i was on the marines, we won and the voice called out, "F**k yeah!" or something like that. They also call out random curse words in game automatically. I knew the language was going to be a problem with this, but not this bad. Hopefully, there is an option to allow censorship.

I've only been able to use the dogs once. I gotta say, my thoughts to the dogs in this game were negative, but they're actually quite fun. It's real tense when you hear them coming, but you don't know where they'll come from. They're fast, they keep coming, and they can take you out pretty easily. Still, I think they're fun for target practice, or knife practice. I hope there's a perk that actually allows you to do what you can in CoD4 SP, which is break the dogs neck after it tackles you.

All in all, it's pretty fun. Then again, I'm easily amused by video games. If anyone wants to give it a try tonight, I'm game, but it'll get boring after a couple rounds just because there are only three maps. I give it a six out of ten. I'll still be getting L4D first.

Oh, and the BAR was a big disappointment for me. I personally think it sucks in this game.

Author
{uZa}Double_D
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats the error i get when trying to run it

Author
{uZa}ChaosFlip
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the same error, too.

EDIT: Fixed it. All you need to do is update directx 9.

Last edited by {uZa}ChaosFlip on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh oh. Here comes the .dll problems. You might want to check the thread that I made in the computer section I believe. Hopefully it will fix it.

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the link for the other thread.

http://www.uzaclan.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8759

You may want to google around before you try this though. There might be another fix or this method might not even apply to this type of .dll.

Author
{uZa}mr. brightside
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you have to update your computer to Dx9. I know, I thought I had it installed, too. Nevertheless, I tried downloading and installing it, and it worked.

Author
{uZa}Lasherman
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man purse and Arty are back?

that was the best part of UO!

Author
{uZa}Bullet Sponge
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah DD...the error is DirectX error, i updated mine to DX10 and works just fine.

I really enjoyed the 3 maps I played last night, very enjoyable for me....my biggest complaint is it seemed that the guns don't hold much ammunition and am constantly having to reload...

The look and feel was good, sometimes finding the enemy against all the foilage was difficult but fun.....I suggest getting the beta and trying it before you buy it...for all you that bought COD4 and don't play it may be disappointed as it runs on the same engine.

I for one will be purchasing the game when i get some money....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Author
{uZa}Amok
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{uZa}ChaosFlip wrote:
I got the same error, too.

EDIT: Fixed it. All you need to do is update directx 9.

I have the same problem, although I have DirectX 9.0C running. Should I download and install: dxwebsetup.exe? Embarassed

See: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&DisplayLang=en#AffinityDownloads

Thanks for your help!

Respect all, fear none!
Conscia mens recti, famae mendacia ridet.

Author
{uZa}ChaosFlip
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya download that one amok. I installed that one and its working for me now.

Author
{uZa}Amok
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, man! I'll do that right away when I get home from work in two hours. Very Happy

Respect all, fear none!
Conscia mens recti, famae mendacia ridet.

Author
{uZa}Double_D
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

graphics are good but the game gets dull pretty fast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Call of Duty 5 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: