Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Gaming PC
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> All Things Computers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
{uZa}TxGirl
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Gaming PC Reply with quote

Okay I just wanted to ask, if i was going to get a PC built for gaming what web sites would you all recommend? Im sick of dealing with my stupid dell and buying games that run like crap on it.

If you have any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it Very Happy

Author
{uZa}Double_D
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have dellis buy parts and put it together for you since u live by him Razz

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.cyberpowerpc.com

I had that recommended to me awhile back and they've come through really well. I had a buddy build a laptop awhile back and he got some great deals along with good service. I'm sure the others on here will help you out also. Very Happy

Author
SnipeElite
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.newegg.com Is a great site for parts. I got my current graphics card from there so it's reliable. You can get a lot of stuff there cheaper than anywhere else. I recommend checking it out.

Author
{uZa}Studdog +SC+
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have built and upgraded a lot of PC's and almost exclusively use NEWEGG.com.

Sometimes I use these too: ZipZoomFly.com and TigerDirect.com.

I ALWAYS build my own PC's. Most of the mass production PC's come with too much junk software and mid to low quality parts. Not exactly what you want in a gaming PC. Do you know someone that can put it together if you build it yourself? If not, then you need someone to help you pick out a good one already assembled. The most important question: How much money do you want to spend? A gaming PC will cost more than the average PC.

There are some benifits to biting the bullet and spending the money to build a great gaming PC. It will be fast. It will giving you better gaming. You will have more enjoyment in gaming. More control over sytem settings. Greater range of potential upgrades. When the time comes, you can usually upgrade a part here and there and still be able to have a butt-kickin gaming system. Absolutely no junk software by default. And most importantly: If you have the money and enjoy gaming, then make it work. I figure if there are idiots out there willing to spend hundreds of dollars on drugs, then why can't I spend hundreds of dollars on something I really enjoy? So if you have the money, or are able to work extra to get it, then spend it on gaming if it's worth the investment in your eyes.

Author
sCaryDeth
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{uZa}Studdog +SC+ wrote:

That's almost EXACTLY what I do. To a "T".

Author
Morgoth
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnipeElite wrote:
www.newegg.com Is a great site for parts. I got my current graphics card from there so it's reliable. You can get a lot of stuff there cheaper than anywhere else. I recommend checking it out.

Built my whole rig from there....

Pick and choose wisely!

Cool

http://docer.blogspot.com/

Author
{uZa}HiTechRedneck
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with all who said Newegg.com... They have great service and prices... I highly recommend them...

Author
{uZa}TxGirl
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your help Im gonna check out Newegg right now... a friend of mine suggested this laptop http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8897599&type=product&id=1212192365280 or this http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Xplorer_X64-9520_Notebook/
what do yall think???? Question Question

P.S. I was looking at newegg for laptops that I could use for school and gaming any suggestions?

Author
{uZa}Lonesome Eagle
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TxGirl wrote:
Thank you all for your help Im gonna check out Newegg right now... a friend of mine suggested this laptop http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8897599&type=product&id=1212192365280 or this http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Xplorer_X64-9520_Notebook/

P.S. I was looking at newegg for laptops that I could use for school and gaming any suggestions?

I would go with the first one from Best Buy (you might shop a bit to see if you can get it cheaper anywhere else) as it is a good all round machine that will do decent gaming (the NVIDIA GeForce 9700M GTS card will play the most recent games just fine) while being great for school and travel.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-9700M-GTS.9899.0.html

The 9700M GTS is currently rated the "best" laptop graphics system for playing games. It is ranked as comparable to the desktop 9500-9600 series from nVidia. Good choice.

Be cautious when reading the advertising... Do a bit of research on especially the graphics, to be sure it will play games ok. Don't be fooled by terms like "media pc" or "great for video and graphics programs" as this isn't the same as games. Performance in 2d graphics like online videos and photoshop and watching movies and such isn't the same as 3d graphics for games. Just be sure to check out the graphics setup by looking at reviews in google to see if they are ok with "Crysis" and other high end games. If so, you are good.

The only disadvantage to a laptop is that it is generally harder and much more expensive to upgrade later, but if you need a laptop for school it's the way to go. (unless you can afford both a "good" gaming desktop and a "cheap" school laptop)

Just be sure that whatever you buy in a laptop has a graphics setup that will play games ok. Stay away from "integrated memory" graphics on laptops, which share memory for both graphics and the system. They perform very poorly in games.

By the way, if you have a decent monitor and keyboard and mouse from your current system, keep them. You can hook them up to your laptop when you are at home and playing games, and it will be a better experience. then you unplug from them when you take the laptop on the road.

Author
{uZa}TxGirl
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{uZa}Lonesome Eagle wrote:
TxGirl wrote:

I would go with the first one from Best Buy (you might shop a bit to see if you can get it cheaper anywhere else) as it is a good all round machine that will do decent gaming (the NVIDIA GeForce 9700M GTS card will play the most recent games just fine) while being great for school and travel.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-9700M-GTS.9899.0.html

The 9700M GTS is currently rated the "best" laptop graphics system for playing games. It is ranked as comparable to the desktop 9500-9600 series from nVidia. Good choice.

Be cautious when reading the advertising... Do a bit of research on especially the graphics, to be sure it will play games ok. Don't be fooled by terms like "media pc" or "great for video and graphics programs" as this isn't the same as games. Performance in 2d graphics like online videos and photoshop and watching movies and such isn't the same as 3d graphics for games. Just be sure to check out the graphics setup by looking at reviews in google to see if they are ok with "Crysis" and other high end games. If so, you are good.

The only disadvantage to a laptop is that it is generally harder and much more expensive to upgrade later, but if you need a laptop for school it's the way to go. (unless you can afford both a "good" gaming desktop and a "cheap" school laptop)

Just be sure that whatever you buy in a laptop has a graphics setup that will play games ok. Stay away from "integrated memory" graphics on laptops, which share memory for both graphics and the system. They perform very poorly in games.

By the way, if you have a decent monitor and keyboard and mouse from your current system, keep them. You can hook them up to your laptop when you are at home and playing games, and it will be a better experience. then you unplug from them when you take the laptop on the road.

Decent! Shoot for that price it better be great! Now Im just plain confused lol Thank you for the tips eagle is there any specific one besides the links I showed that you would recommend under 1,000.00 Shocked Very Happy

I would like to have both but what I sell my computer for is going towards my new one. So I have to choose and it just seems more practical to kill two birds with one stone.

Author
{uZa}D.O.A.
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sCaryDeth wrote:
{uZa}Studdog +SC+ wrote:

That's almost EXACTLY what I do. To a "T".

This is also what I do! Why waste money on a Dell when you can have someone here build one for you twice as good an half the price!

But if I was Dellis I would over charge you!!! =P j/k

Intel i7 920 2.66GHz OCed 4.2GHz
Koolance CPU-350 AC Liquid Cooling CPU Block
eVGA x58 Tri-SLI mobo
G.Skill 3x2GB 1600MHz triple channel
3x eVGA 260 core 216 SSC Editions
Corsair HX1000 watt PSU
Cooler Master Cosmos S case

Author
{uZa} F8
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Build it yourself Texasgirl, you can do it.

Author
{uZa}TxGirl
Post Ho

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what is done is done I got a new laptop today with 4GB a NVIDIA GeForce 9600 Asus laptop its freaking fast and I cant wait to download cod5 and see if I can play it has a dedicated graophics card and its pretty nice I hope yall approve :O)

Author
{uZa}Lonesome Eagle
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TxGirl wrote:
Well what is done is done I got a new laptop today with 4GB a NVIDIA GeForce 9600 Asus laptop its freaking fast and I cant wait to download cod5 and see if I can play it has a dedicated graophics card and its pretty nice I hope yall approve :O)

Sounds good. Do you have a link to it so we can make fun of the specs?

Just kidding. Sounds great! See you on COD5!

________

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> All Things Computers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: