Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Tomb Raider Underworld

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Game Preview/Review
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Tomb Raider Underworld Reply with quote

Its out today Lara is back I have played it for an hour and the game is as excellent as always. Teaser Razz

http://tinyurl.com/yobjfs

Last edited by {uZa}Renegade on Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Author
{uZa}Lonesome Eagle
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good Ren. You will have to let us know how the game play is.

________

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are screenshots I took playing the game.Gameplay is great but as many who have played lots of Tomb Raider the camera can be a pain.

Author
:[GOB]:JackC
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LARA! not Laura! Cool

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laura/Lara. Either way that first picture is niiiice. Laughing

Author
:[GOB]:JackC
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a huge fan of the series and having played through ever single one, even Angel of Darkness which I knew going into it was a chunky vomit milkshake, I played it all the same. I had to try this one too. I tried it on PC but the controls were so..slippery. You would just tap W and she would lurch forward and slide all over the place. It's definatly a console game but what's weird is that it's the same control based engine as Anniversary I believe and that I could play just fine. On Underworld however it's just cumbersome. Not only that but at the beginning with the huge squid I found myself clipping through walls, clipping THROUGH the squid, missing easily accessable ledges and jumps due to in part because of the controls. Speaking of movements, the climbing system seems to try and emulate Assassins Creed. By that I mean she will automatically find things to grab which sounds cool in theory, only in practice it makes her look like a deformed robot scaling a wall. The animation when climbing is just so rigid and not fluent at all.
Graphics were OK, but have seen better. The interface just felt all over the place with the Sonar tool, the GPS and all this lot. There were keyboard keys all over the shop. Something about having the ammount of grenades you have, the different weapon keys, the health bar indicated by a 2D silhouette of Lara in bright colours was just kinda offputting and felt unnecessary for me. What was wrong with the traditonal bar of health? Anniversary was superior in my opinion and the interface was much easier to navigate.
As far as the story goes it seems to be just running out of ideas. The characters are poor and really not developed at all and just kinda get in the way of what made the game great. I really didn't get far in the story due to the rather attrocious controls and I can usually get past that but here it was just frustrating.

I know it sounds incredibly picky but that's just my opinion Smile

Might try it on console eventually.

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had no problems at all with the controls it runs like a dream. The only thing i have altered is the default mouse speed. It was way too fast. I also made sure v sync was off. Not had any problems with her trying to grab stuff either.

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know Munky getting hot over a game girl Twisted Evil

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha. Actually it always reminds me of Angelina Jolie and she was definately a babe in the movie.

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished it and loved it. It ties up a few loose ends from the the last 2 games too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> Game Preview/Review All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: