Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

HELP PLEASE !!!???!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> All Things Computers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
{uZa}DoubleBogey7
Post Ho

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: HELP PLEASE !!!???!!! Reply with quote

I was on our website and at the same time I was changing settings in Ventrilo and before that I played a Zombie map in singleplayer.

Anyway, while checking out our website my PC all of a sudden went black with the "Going to sleep" message and restarted by itself.

It booted up to the "To begin, click your user name" screen fine. Then when I click on my user name it welcomes me as normal and states "Loading your personal settings..."

About 30 seconds in however I get the following message window ...

"Data Execution Prevention - Microsoft Windows. To help protect your computer, Windows has closed this program. Name: COM Surrogate, Publisher: Microsoft Corporation."

I can't turn this DEP off or on or do nothing as my PC just stops booting right here. I can't access my start button, can't see shortcuts on my desktop, nothing. All I can see is this message and my background picture. When I close the message box it gives me the option to send an error report to MS. When I close that window, still nothing, just my background image.

I really want to play zombie tonight. Is there a way to fix this without formatting and reinstalling windows? Please help?

Thanks
DB7

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." (Bullet Tooth Tony, Snatch)

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Googled it but there seems to be a few choices.One of the main ones seems to be windows has shut down to prevent damage from a virus or a problematic programme.I am no PC whizz try getting into safe mode and do a system restore or a virus scan maybe ?

http://tinyurl.com/yobjfs

Author
{uZa}Lonesome Eagle
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boot into safe mode (FCool and then do a system restore back to yesterday. If that let's you get on, then run MalwareBytes AntiMalware and your virus scanner. You also should get Autoruns to check what is loading when Windows starts and see if there is anything new you don't recognize.

________

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> All Things Computers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: