Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

BFG issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> All Things Computers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
{uZa}CrazySpinner
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: BFG issue Reply with quote

I'm having a BIG issue with BFG, both their product and support(mainly support). I've heard how good BFG is with support and with my initial experience I felt the same way. BUT now with my current issue, I've been having a very dissatisfying experience. Short history...

2/28/07:Purchased BFG 590A SLI motherboard
6/20/07: motherboard died, RMA'd and replacement recieved 6/22/07
12/21/08: Motherboard died, RMA'd and BFG received it on 12/23/08 (around holidays so I would expect a little delayed response)
12/30/08: Email requesting update
12/31/08: "I'm not showing your replacement has shipped yet. Due to holidays..."
1/05/09: Phone call to BFG to find out status. They indicated none in-stock (understandable since it is an older motherboard), and time frame unknown. Basically, "if one happens to come in". The phone call ended with the indication that I would be contacted by a manager.
1/05/09: Later in the day I sent an email requesting some information regarding time frame expectations. Wanting more than the "if one happens to come in" response, and giving them some basic open ended expectations.
1/7/09: BFG Response: Your info has been forwarded to a manager for a callback.
1/09/09: Sent email indicating no callback made and I would like a response by end of business on Monday 1/12.
1/13/09: Monday came and went so I called them. Informed them I had not been contacted as of yet. They offered me a 680i, but that doesn't help me since I have an AMD processor. Indicated they would this to the product manager and should expect a call back within 48hrs.
1/16/09: 72hrs pass, no response. Called again, informed them of the issues, and were "attempting" to find some more information. Said they "Yolanda" would call me back in 1/2 hr.
1/16/09: 2hrs pass and no call. Called, and they said by 5pm.

Do you see a pattern here?

1/19/09: Called BFG, tech said they we "attempting" to contact the previous techs/managers who were involved. The tech, "Cassandra", then (I can hear the typing) ignores me after repeated requests for some kind of verbal response. 5-7 min pass, I'm put on hold, then shortly there after they hang up on me!

I completely understand equipment malfunctioning, and being "older" less chance of keeping a stock of the items. BUT the mobo had a 3 year warranty, so I should expect some sort of retribution. And the "run-around" response I'm getting from BFG is really PI$$ING ME OFF!!! Let alone the hang up!

To be honest I'm not sure what I should do know. I guess I'm hoping one of the [H] staff will read this and provide some in-site since they deal with manufacturers day in and day out.

What do you think I should do? (I did post this at [H] to see what they suggest)

In the end I will probably just buy a new motherboard from NOT BFG, but cash is tight and I'm trying to avoid this. Besides, its under warranty!

Author
{uZa}CrazySpinner
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, the BBB does work! I logged a complaint with the BBB just after my last post and I just got a call from BFG. Looks like they're sending me a refund check for the purchase price of the board. Very Happy As soon as I have check in hand, I'll be ordering a new one. I'll be back soon!!!

Author
Morgoth
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally have had bad luck with their products... but worse from others...

I am kind of waiting to get a new mobo until about the 3rd qtr. or later... to me they just are not quite there yet with the latest 'n greatest.

http://docer.blogspot.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> All Things Computers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: