Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » All Things Computers

Post subject: New Computer ideas
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:57 pm 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Planning one getting a new PC in a couple of months. I got the offical ok from Mrs Terrible....you married guys will understand . I havent been keepin up on the computer hardware advances since I had the current one built on 2003. Here is something I was looking at.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 883229061R

I know it'll be a few months and different ones will be on newegg but any suggestions on something that it should have or that I really dont need that this one has would be helpful. Ofcourse I know the more I spend the better but tryin to be as cost effective as possible. Somethin that I can upgrade as time goes on to., it dont have to be a monster computer. After all my currnet rig has a agp video card...lol. Also dont know if I can use my current hard drive as a slave drive to the new on. Or will my 3 dvd burners be able to installed on new computer too. I know I'm a computer virgin. any help would be appreciated thanx guys and gals..... PS also think my game may improve if I get somethin newer, cause usually i see someone one cod 2 and im dead....lol

PSS. Also don't know what a good brand is. I like my computer built in 03 for $900 never had an issue ... well other than motherboard,video card (my choice) Power Supply(due to bigger video card) and burning out dvd

Post subject: Re: New Computer ideas
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:57 am 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

don't think you can go wrong with this pc , it's all depending on the budget .
but like you said , every month there will be a newer system .
give a shout when you are allowed :lol: (i know how it goes) to buy it , and see what's on the market at that time

this 1 comes with a 64bit OS , heard that it's a bit harder to get the correct drivers for it...
never used a 64 bit (yet) , so i don't know how it is these days .
got stuck with drivers , people can help you out on vent or forums !

gonna install W7 , 64bit myself this week , don't think it will be that hard to find drivers .

Post Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:18 am 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

yeah not to found of the ati video card, had one before and had alot of driver issues. thanks for the help

Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:57 pm 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Between now and when you're ready to buy, do some of your own research. When there is something you're not sure about, either on vent or hear someone is bound to know.

In regards to the PC you picked, I personally wouldn't want it.
1. It's a micro-ATX board (maybe one slot for expansion)
2. Only 2 RAM slots (again, not much for expanding). A 64-bit system is not worth it for only 2Gb of RAM. The main purpose of a 64-bit system is for using the extra RAM (3.5Gb and above) Yes you can exchange for bigger RAM chips, but then you have 2 extra chips lying around.

The case, CPU, and video card would be the only thing I would keep. My 2 cents worth.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:46 am 
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

{uZa}CrazySpinner wrote:
Between now and when you're ready to buy, do some of your own research. When there is something you're not sure about, either on vent or hear someone is bound to know.

In regards to the PC you picked, I personally wouldn't want it.
1. It's a micro-ATX board (maybe one slot for expansion)
2. Only 2 RAM slots (again, not much for expanding). A 64-bit system is not worth it for only 2Gb of RAM. The main purpose of a 64-bit system is for using the extra RAM (3.5Gb and above) Yes you can exchange for bigger RAM chips, but then you have 2 extra chips lying around.

The case, CPU, and video card would be the only thing I would keep. My 2 cents worth.

I totally agree with Spinner

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » All Things Computers