Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » All Things Computers

Post subject: Re: buy some new stuff.
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:10 pm 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

{GBI}Harryball wrote:
{uZa}CrazySpinner wrote:
I don't think that'll be an issue being that the memory controllers are built in the CPU and not RAM module dependent. The new AMD Phenom II chips do now support it as long as the motherboard is DDR3. It just means you get three sticks from the same wafer, and technically a slighter lower cost as opposed to individually. I could be wrong, by I think my logic is correct.

You are wrong and your logic is messed. ;) ;) J/king around, but you are wrong. LMAO

Good luck snipes.

My intention wasn't to imply that AMD supported triple channel (after rereading your post, I realize that was the original comment), but that it now supported DDR3 and the RAM would work in his system, but not in triple channel. :oops:

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:40 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

{uZa}CrazySpinner wrote:
{GBI}Harryball wrote:
{uZa}CrazySpinner wrote:
I don't think that'll be an issue being that the memory controllers are built in the CPU and not RAM module dependent. The new AMD Phenom II chips do now support it as long as the motherboard is DDR3. It just means you get three sticks from the same wafer, and technically a slighter lower cost as opposed to individually. I could be wrong, by I think my logic is correct.

You are wrong and your logic is messed. ;) ;) J/king around, but you are wrong. LMAO

Good luck snipes.

My intention wasn't to imply that AMD supported triple channel (after rereading your post, I realize that was the original comment), but that it now supported DDR3 and the RAM would work in his system, but not in triple channel. :oops:

:" :" :" :"

By Brell1

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:59 pm 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

{uZa}CrazySpinner wrote:
{GBI}Harryball wrote:
{uZa}CrazySpinner wrote:

Good luck snipes.

Im just playin around with ya. AMD does support DDR3 with there am3 socket. You can get both am2+ and am3 phenom 2s so if he were to buy the 940 phenom2 is does not support DDR3. The performance gains in the am3 isnt there yet. The 940 is the best that amd has to offer right now. :"

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » All Things Computers