Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » All Things Computers

Post subject: Totally fed up
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:32 am 
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

Got all excited since the computer came back a day earlier then expected. Started unpacking it from the box and heard pieces rattling around inside the case (not a good sign). Sure enough, I got it out of the wrapper and immediately noticed the video card looked crooked. I opened up the side of the case and piece of plastic fell out. Upon further inspection, the plastic was one of the USB connections on the mobo. A bunch of teh connections and pins along the bottom of the mobo (right above the PSU) were broken and bent. Then I looked closely at the video card....it wasn't even in the slot on the mobo, it was resting on top of the slot and the screwswere in crooked. What kind of computer company can't even install the video card correctly?!? Then I noticed the dented grill above the top fan and the bent frame of the case on the rear side.

I called the company and started bitching them out. Their explanation was that damage can occurr during shipping. I can buy that for the damage above the PSU because it wouldn't be out of the relm of possibility that the box got dropped and the PSU bounced and broke the stuff above it on the mobo. I don't believe that shipping damage caused the video card to completely unseat, the screws to bend and appear to be put in crooked, and the whole board to be resting on top of the slot it is supposed to be in.

Then I asked what it was that they fixed while it was there and they said (after putting me on hold for about 10 minutes) that there was nothing wrong with it. They claimed that they turned it on and worked fine. So apparently I turned on the the power button wrong which caused windows not to load at all and the excuse they gave me about a 2 weeks ago that they were waiting for the RAM to come in because it had to be replaced was total BS.

I can't believe this crap. They offered to have me send it back and pay for shipping to have it repaired again. Yeah right. I am calling them back tomorrow and demanding a full refund. I guess I'll be starting from scratch and finding a new place to get a computer from. I can't believe I have been dealing with this since October. For those wondering, the name of the company is iBuyPower.com....THEY SUCK!!!!!!

:x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil:

Post subject: Re: Totally fed up
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:10 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Wow!!! Sorry to hear you should get all your money back and just buy parts and build your own.I did and I don't hardly know squat about computers and I saved A lot of money that way.I went with newegg and built A nice rig for about $ 700.00.good luck.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:39 pm 
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

That's what I'm trying to decide now. I feel much more confident in being able to put one together after all the work I did trying to fix the other one. I still would liketo have a company build one andtest it so I know everything is compatable without having to research it a bunch. Besides, financing (interest free for 12 months or so) would be nice so I wouldn't have to front the whole bill or put it on a card.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:58 am 
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

Sent the damn thing back for a full refund. Hope there aren't any problems with the refund process.

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » All Things Computers