Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » All Things Computers

Post subject: Why do computers hate me?
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:33 pm 
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

So why do computers hate me? I loaded on BF:Bad Company 2. Got into my first round with Dellis and all of a sudden.....black screen....frozen....couldn't get out of it until I did a hard reboot. Then it says Windows needs to launch windows repair, did that. After about 2 hours the computer started working again. Everything seemed fine so I shut down and went to bed. The next day, I get upand turn on the computer....windows won't load. Ran the disk image, windows install disk, when through abunch of trying different things. Finally determined that the mobo is not seeing my HDD. Tried swapping bays, tested the HDD on another computer and all my files are there. Finally called the company that built it (they were closed over teh weekend). Unfortuantely all the techs were busy so I left a message and they called back after I was already gone to work. Talked to them the next day. We tried a bunch of the stuff I already tried and the tech said I probably should send it back along with the game and they will fix whatever needs to be fixed, install the game and play it to test it. Sounds good, but I really didn't want to go through all teh shipping back and forth again. The tech said that the case I have sometimes has problems with the hot swap front drive bays (something with the wiring). They are sending new bays to try and if that doesn't work, then I need to send it back for them to fix. Ugh.....I was enjoying it so much!

Post subject: Re: Why do computers hate me?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:04 pm 
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

Got the parts. Looks like things are working. Hopefully, I'll get to "test" everything tonight after work.

Post subject: Re: Why do computers hate me?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:51 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Great news!Hope to see you on later tonight a lot of us are playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 and we have our own server ALL OUT WAR {uZa} check us out.

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » All Things Computers