Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » All Things Computers

Post subject: Team Speak 3 & Screen Saver issues.
 Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:51 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

hey guys thought I'd bounce this off of you software geeks. I'm having an issue after my rebuild that my screen saver will not activate, this in-turn stops my computer from sleeping as well. although a "powercfg -requests" in the cmd window shows nothing haulting it I continue to have the problem.

when I close team speak 3 my screen saver works just fine. so I believe I have isolated specifically to Team Speak

I found this thread on team speaks forums and the admin's of Team Speak continue to say it's not an issue with team speak client

I am using revision 3.0.10.1 just like several others in the thread. but appears it has been an issue for several revisions of the software?

any suggestions. or does anybody have an older install file laying around you could share up or other ideas\options?

Post subject: Re: Team Speak 3 & Screen Saver issues.
 Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:34 am 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

I cannot help there, I never use a screensaver. I turn my PC off at night and when at work too, so never need to let it sleep.

http://tinyurl.com/bqqrvx

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:12 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Sorry, I have no idea either. I never turn off my computers, I just leave them running 24/7... Screensaver issue, hmm, I don't leave teamspeak running all the time either, the only time I use teamspeak is when I am jumping on to game, I usually don't just sit all day with teamspeak running... I am still running XP, and I know the screensaver still kicks in even with teamspeak running the last time I checked, however that was months ago....

Interesting issue though, let me know what you come up with...

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:27 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Innocent, are you hosting this TS3 server? if not I would like to get a ticket opened with TS to address this issue. If we are hosting I'll have to rely on the forums......

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:12 am 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

Why would you want a screensaver to come on while on TS. Surely you would be gaming while on TS. You said it works when you leave TS.

http://tinyurl.com/bqqrvx

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:46 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

it is an issue when it's running but not connected to TS. You're right I don't want the screen saver to come on when I'm gaming. but more when I disconnect from TS and quit for the night. I leave most of my programs running in the background, and are setup to start up with my machine. makes it easier when I remote wake up my machine. This is more of a nuisance issue then anything.
with TS indicating it's not an issue with their software I'm guessing it's more of a compatibility issue with another program? I have done a selective start-up and tried running it down to barebones for programs running and I still have the issue.???

I have reinstalled the program with all default settings and didn't import my identity, also tried 32bit which doesn't work on a 64bit machine btw LOL. still no dice. troubleshooting continues....

Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:29 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Yes, I am hosting this server at my office, on a Virtual Linux Box Running on a Hyper V Server.

I will leave TS running on my box tonight and see if I get a Screen Saver to come on...

Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:35 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

So yes, my screen savers come on with no issue, I will let you know if my screens go to sleep with no issues, meaning when I wake up in the morning I will see if they have gone into their sleep mode...

Even if I stay logged into the server the screen saver comes on. When I log off the server, and don't shut down the TS client, the screen saver comes on, no screen saver issues I am seeing here...

Sorry...

Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:01 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

thanks for checking yours!!! for additional stuff I virtualized my machine before I rebuilt it. so I copied the entire contents of the working directory and moved it to my production machine still the same results. I'm down to the confused look with the other people in the TS3 Forums. I have a feeling this is one of those hidden check box deals that takes forever to find haha

Post subject: Re: Team Speak 3 & Screen Saver issues. - FIXED
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:19 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

FIXED!

i found that my settings database was COMPLETELY DIFFERENT not sure what was changed but a simple copy from an old back up and paste into my production machine fixed this right up

. In your C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\ directory, there is a file named settings.db. move to your busted machine and whala screen saver works again!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:29 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Belive it or not this dang issue came back on me but I found the problem!!!!! it's my joystick and TS together I found the post below. granted the work around doesn't work but if i pull my joystick (ha ha funny) outa the usb port (ha ha laugh it up I know) everything works again.. talk about a goofy one.

"Ok i can reproduce that with my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and Default enabled under Hotkeys.
The problem is, that these joysticks from Logitech are to old and do not support XInput.
I bought my jostick, when XP was the current operation system and they still sell that joystick without XInput support.

There are only 3 workarounds:
1. Unplug such old devices
2. Go into Settings > Options > Hotkeys and then set Direct Input instead (Default)
Windows will remove Direct Input and we can not say whe nthis will happen. There will be a day, when we also have to remove Direct Input support.
3. Find a driver for that Joystick/Gamepad with Xinput support."

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » All Things Computers