Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » PC Game Discussions

Post subject: Dead Space 3
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:30 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

So this is probably my most anticipated game of the year so far. However, I am still skeptical about how it will turn out. I hope it'll be good, but I'll be playing it either way, co-op or no.

Post subject: Re: Dead Space 3
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:30 pm 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

gonna be a great game, some good games coming out this year. Dead space 3, Bioshock infinite, Grand Theft Auto V. probably some more that i have forgotten lol

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:44 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Grand Theft Auto is definitely in my top most anticipated. I'm hoping we hear that Fallout 4 will be coming out this year, but I'm not getting my hopes up, lol.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:51 pm 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

I ordered the special edition, it's out Feb 8th :)

http://tinyurl.com/bqqrvx

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:36 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Been reading some reviews. I don't use reviews from gaming websites, I don't trust them; I prefer reviews from actual players. So far, it's pretty mixed. A lot of people are saying its the best, but this may be because of the hype of a new game, so I don't think it's very reliable at this point (especially when all they do is shout, "AWESOME! AWESOME! SO AWESOME!" without stating WHY it's awesome).

On the other hand, a lot of folks are saying it's not a survival horror anymore, or that it's more action-packed and less scary. I'm going to go on a whim and agree that it's probably not as scary. Watching the demo be played out, it didn't seem like it. Still, since I am very interested to see how Isaac's story ends, I'll still play it. But Imma try and get it a little cheaper. :)

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:07 am 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

My copy is on its way. They reckon it is very much like the first one, fetch this and do that to progress. I like that so we will see.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:35 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Just bought me a copy, and it's downloading. Hopefully, I can play a little tonight. This better be worth the 64$.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:37 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Wow. I don't know if it's just me, but I find the necromorphs a lot harder to kill. Just the normal ones seem to take more damage before even a limb comes off. My trusty plasma cutter is almost useless now. It takes at least two shots to take off one limb, and I've been swarmed countless times. I'm only on chapter six, too. If it keeps this way, it's going to be one heck of a challenging game.

With that said, it feels like Dead Space 2, most features and controls are the same. The weapon crafting system is cool, and I actually like that it does not heed to balance. The story so far seems good, and with the addition of optional missions, it makes the game last even longer, and much more enjoyable. I'd like to do some co-op some time. I've always hated having to walk scary, claustrophobic and dark halls riddled with vents by myself.

On another note, Ellie is a jerk! That is all. 8-)

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:52 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

I think I may need a co-op partner now. Not because it's scary (it's really not that scary), but because it's ridiculously hard. There is almost no more singular necromorph ambush. They seem to travel in packs now. Where one is, there is a whole gang of them with him. When walking into an ambush, I normally retreat a few steps to gain some distance before I start attacking, but they completely surround and attack from every direction. Where you kill one, another replaces it quickly. There's at least an average of ten-twelve necromorphs in total for every ambush. Coupled with the fact that they are much harder to just dismember and therefore kill, they overwhelm you quickly.

The skeletal ones are among my most hated necromorphs. These little pricks are easy to kill (one shotgun blast will send them across the room in pieces), but they are fast; they attack in ridiculous numbers, and from multiple directions. I had to fight an entire wave of these bastards for a good two minutes. Every time I killed one, one more took its place. I was able to keep them a distance for about thirty seconds and I finally got swarmed, was reduced to having to just bash my way out of the swarm. They managed to force me to retreat about three rooms before I finally killed them all, using up more than half my health kits and ammunition, as well as completely depleting my stasis packs. It was very, VERY frustrating. The only good thing that came out if it was the loot I was able to salvage from killing about fifty of those little pricks.

It's really frustrating, because it seems like this game was meant to be co-op, even though they said it is playable without co-op. It's getting stupid hard right now.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:04 pm 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

I am not far in, just fueling the shuttle. Level 6 I think.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:39 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

I started fiddling around with the gun customization arena. I finally got a good balancing combination. I have one rifle with a precision tip that does critical damage, no matter where you hit a necromorph, with a linegun under-barrel for those all-too-common narrow hallway mow-downs. The other rifle is a carbine tip on top with a pulse-base under-barrel attachment that will blast any necromorph that gets too close with a very precise and powerful punch. While it doesn't do much damage, it keeps them away long enough for me to finish them off with the carbine attachment.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:20 pm 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

This helps gameplay a bit. Copied from the net.

How to Change Your FOV

To change your FOV, just follow these simple steps:

Navigate your way to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\EA Games\Dead Space 3\
Open up system.txt in the text editor of your choice
Find the line “Window.FOVScale = 1.00000000″
Change the number to whatever you like. By default, 1.0 is an FOV of 75 degrees. For a view similar to Dead Space 1, I’d suggest changing it to 1.2.
(FOR 16:9 MONITORS) Change “Window.WideScreen” to true.

49% done, when this is finished I will start Tomb Raider.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:38 pm 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

Game finished on first time through. That was a blast though frustrating at times. I will do it again after Tomb Raider and see if I can get all the collectibles and side missions.

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » PC Game Discussions