Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » PC Game Discussions

Post subject: Bioshock: Infinite.
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:53 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

After watching some gameplay to this, I'm really, REALLY looking forward to it now. Anyone else?

Post subject: Re: Bioshock: Infinite.
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:16 am 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

The first one was great, the second, not as good. I will wait and see. :)

http://tinyurl.com/bqqrvx

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:04 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Here's some fifteen-minute in-game footage of it. This is what really got me hooked. However, I do know that, especially with well-funded games, gaming studios tend to 'script' the demo to make it appear seamless and varied. So, we'll see just how well it plays out. I'm probably going to wait for the reviews before buying this, but I'm looking forward to it.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:47 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Well, I read some interesting articles on this game and the concept behind it. I'll probably not invest in it as a consequence.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:33 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Interesting... Further reading into the plot of this, it appears it's not so one-sided after all. First, I was lead to believe this game was taking a political shot at folks who admire the founding fathers, such as myself. But it appears the two waring factions on the city are examples of extremism on both the right and the left of US politics. You've got overzealous, xenophobes and religious fanatics against the anarchic, Communistic crazies, and your character is stuck in between the mess.

I'll have to watch how it plays out. If it's one thing, this developer has a way of bringing out very interesting and complex philosophies.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:10 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

According to Steam, I beat this game in eight hours (this is including a good amount of exploration, mind you). This game is good, but it's over-hyped. The fact that you can carry only two weapons is annoying.

Some of the vigor perks seem rather useless. In fact, I only really needed to use the water, the fire, and the shock vigors, along with sometimes using the one that causes an enemy to side with you (I forget the exact names). The rest, such as the crow, did me little good. All they did was distract an enemy for a few seconds. I found myself utilizing Elizabeth's tear perk more, since she could give me some real advantages on the battle. Otherwise, I usually shot the crap out of everyone I encountered. The way the gameplay was set up, you could only quick-switch two vigors at a time (similar to only two guns, only you get all your vigors with you, but you can only have two to switch between at a time. If you want to change the combination of the two, you need to use the 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 keys to go through them). So in essence, I had to first remember which vigor was which on the number keys, and then figure out which ones I wanted on the two quick-switch slots. All while being shot at. It made it too difficult, too much to think about while bullets and fireballs were flying at me. It was much easier to just beef up my weapons (cheaper, too) and just shoot everyone.

The story was not one I was fond of, but that's a personal thing, and I won't get into that. Still, the ending was rather depressing, even though it ultimately was a happy one. I was not satisfied with the fact that nothing you choose affects the ending, like the previous Bioshock games. It's all the same. I was hoping that Elizabeth's attitude towards Booker and essentially the world would reflect on the actions Booker took, all the way to the ending, but when I read up on it, apparently it's a pretty linear ending, and it's rather short. It had a neat twist at the end, but that's about it.

All in all, I'd give it a 6/10. It definitely offered something new, but in terms of story, it just took an old washed up story line of a bad guy looking to redeem himself and added the whole 'multiverse theory' twist to it. It's not really worth a second playthrough, in my opinion.

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » PC Game Discussions