Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » PC Game Discussions

Post subject: New Tomb Raider.
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:18 am 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

It's out tomorrow, mine is preloaded and ready to go. It has always been a great game I think. :)

http://tinyurl.com/bqqrvx

Post subject: Re: New Tomb Raider.
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:28 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

If they would only come out with a multiplayer tomb raider!!! :idea:

Imagine how fun it would be with four players! 8-)

Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:38 pm 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

A bit like this ;)

Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:24 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Looks good! 8-)

Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:28 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Puzzle turned me off to Tomb Raider, and I heard the puzzles in this one are even more complicated, with the use of realistic physics for certain parts. Not that I am completely against puzzles, but when they become the cornerstone of the game play, and become so complicated, I just lose interest.

I'll wait to see what the puzzle gameplay is like. If it's no more difficult than Dead Space, I'll play it.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:08 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

I've read a couple reviews. I've not read anything giving it any serious negativity. Most people are saying it is good, but it lacks the old Tomb Raider feel, and evidently, the puzzles and treasure hunting is optional, not even a core element of the game.

But among the complaints are mention of it being pretty linear, and for me, that's a big no-no.

But it's still early, and all of what I mentioned is only what I've heard, so I am not sure just yet.

EDIT: According to the Steam forums, this game is chuck-full of bugs right now. Tons of people, including nvidia (my video card) are getting bugs and crashes. Sounds like they have a lot of fixing to do.

EDIT: Heard the campaign is short. :? And it's also a big-time console port. They didn't even bother to change the icons of the action-key buttons to a PC keyboard/mouse setup. They are apparently the PS3 icon configuration, with the shapes.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:20 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

It appears to me that this game is bugged, a huge console port, and very linear, also short. From what I can get, it's just 'average'-- A game worth playing if it goes on sale for half off and you're looking for a break from your current favorite, like Skyrim, Guild Wars, Planetside, or BF3 (if you're still into that one).

I will wait until the price drops until I buy this one.

EDIT: So after playing the game, I have to be honest, I am thoroughly impressed! I haven't beat it yet, just reached the half-way mark. The single player is not at all short, the gameplay is nice and the story is well-told. I must admit, I'm having a hard time pulling myself away from this game; it's even drawing me away from the Arma III alpha, just because I want to see what happens next. I'd even go as far as to say I am enjoying this much more than I enjoyed Dead Space 3. The ONLY complaint I have is the QTE (Quick Time Events). But once you get used to the button icons, it's not too hard.

All in all, this is definitely a game worth picking up, and the fact that it is just $49 bucks is even better. A very well done game.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:49 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Half-way through my second play-through, with a little more exploration this time.. The only beef I got with this game that I can think of is the fact that you can't carry over all your upgrades and equipment on a second play-through, but that's no big deal. This game is very well made. From the game-play, to the story. I'll probably even throw in a third go-around.

Now I wait for Tomb Raider II. :)

Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:09 am 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

I have barely started. I am escaping the forest, I guess its the training area. One thing I dislike already is button mashing. I do not like that in any game, its what they used to do on PS1.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:06 pm 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

In all my years of gaming.
I reckon this was the best game, I have ever played since Resident Evil 3.
77% completion first run through. I will go back and complete it.
After I have done Resident Evil 6. :)

Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:42 pm 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

Just started to play this yesterday, and im loving it. Not sure how far im in, but just destroyed the Shantytown. So far its been great, and looks like coming onto next gen soon this series is going to be awesome. Its kinda like they tossed old school Tomb Raider, with Uncharted and a tad of Assassins creed.

Also playing The Last of us, which has been brilliant, one of the best i have played on the PS3. Really looking forward to Beyond two souls.

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » PC Game Discussions