Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » PC Game Discussions

Post subject: Metro Last light
 Post Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:54 pm 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

If you played and enjoyed Metro 2033, then you will like this. It is excellent.

http://tinyurl.com/bqqrvx

Post subject: Re: Metro Last light
 Post Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:40 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

I've been thinking about playing it. I've heard a lot of great things about it, but that it was very linear.

Post Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:03 am 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

All single player games have always been that way I reckon. Start game, get to end :)

http://tinyurl.com/bqqrvx

Post Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:06 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Not Skyrim. ;) Of course, Single Player games, most anyway, eventually come to an end. I just like when they give you the ability to choose your own play style, and to take your own approach to every situation. Still gonna play this one either way. :)

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:49 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Well, I started playing it a few days ago. Been real active lately, so haven't had much time to play. Needless to say, last night, I got real sucked into it; I was up till about three in the morning playing the game because I wanted to know what happened next. When stories do that, it's a good sign. The story is good, the game play is good. I wish it would be a little more realistic to compensate the immersion of the game's overral realism.

I do think the stealth is way too easy. The game practically draws the path for you, and every single badguy does something to make it way too easy to kill him or his friends without notice. If this Metro world were real life, then your enemies would be the poorest of enemies. No one is watching each others back, almost all enemies in the stealth parts are not keeping eyes in every direction, almost always standing one behind the other, looking in the same direction. When they're not doing that, they talk for a bit, then split up. All you have to do is wait in the dark for them to be far enough a part and pick them off one by one.

Otherwise, this game is also freaky! I've had several jumps already. It really settles in claustrophobia in all the dark parts when you are facing the mutants, even when you're outside. The swamp level, while outside, has a very creepy atmosphere, and weird sounds to make it even worse. Then you can hear mutants lurking in the waters, as if hunting you, and the tall foliage impairs your vision greatly, allowing the possibility to be ambushed from any direction. It is frustrating, CREEPY and exciting all at once.

A good game, all things considered. I might play again on a harder level and see if I can remove as much of the HUD as possible this time. I would like to see more realistic weapon portrayals. Things like recoil, and even weapon conditions that could cause weapons to jam. But, it's a good game thus far. :)

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » PC Game Discussions