Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » PC Game Discussions

Post subject: Dragon Age: Inquisition
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

For fans of Dragon Age, this game is something you should be interested in. It's really got me excited for it. Dragon Age II was a bit of a let down, but it could have been worse. Plus, despite all it's short-comings, it provided an excellent stage for a sequel, I think. While the whole, "two factions killing each other while the ultimate evil feeds of their division; protagonist must unite them before it's too late" plot is rather redundant, Bioware has an ability to really diversify the way these stories are played out and experienced.

I am looking forward to Inquisition for the fact that it's supposed to be more open-world, and character customization is back to choosing your own race again. Also love that Varric returns as a companion. So far, what I've heard is very interesting.

I'm really looking forward to the input of my different Hawke characters. I liked Hawke as a character overall; I have several ones that I want to see impact the new game. I have one who is a warrior that sides with the Templars and he essentially becomes a brutal hater of mages. Another is a mage who sides with the mages and saves them. He is my more heroic, justifying peace-keeper Hawke. Then my most interesting character, I think, is a female mage to actually turns on the mages after she loses her entire family to mages. She tries so hard to give the majority the benefit of the doubt, but after the chantry destroyedby mages once again, she just throws aside all mercy and compassion and sort of falls from the already shaky platform of grace she was on.

All these pre-built stories I'm looking forward to having played out in Inquisition, and while I liked Hawke, I think it would be better to leave him/her behind and start fresh with the Inquisitor (the new protagonist).

Post subject: Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:47 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

I've been keeping up with this one. Bioware has said it has a number of different locations you can explore, except they are supposed to be huge (bigger than all the Dragon Age II maps put together). Based on the game play footage I've seen, these maps look impressive. It's supposed to allow you full freedom of choice in approaching objectives, and it appears personal choice and consequences have once again become Bioware's focus (as opposed to Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2's disappointment).

Apparently, choices you make will have drastic implications on the main story. You are supposed to be the head of the inquisition, taking control of different locations to either promote freedom or control. Game play looks solid, and supposedly, there are events that occur during the game to which don't begin just when you enter the area, and you can choose to intervene or not.

On a smaller note, I love the animations detail they've put into the game. From the dragon, to the player's movement fluent transitions. There is even a different kind of animation for running on a hillside, and for treading on soaked and moist sand, which slows the player down. Things like these I love, even though they aren't very relevant. It makes me feel like I'm really climbing, or decending, or treading through water.

So far, everything seems like a gigantic step forward from the last two Dragon Age games, and arguably more than Mass Effect. I have yet to see them talk about your companions and the details of these relationships yet, as Bioware has been focusing mainly on the game play and mechanics, so I'm anxious to see how that will turn out.

Here is a thirty-minute demo the developers played at a demonstration.

Post subject: Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:15 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

The Witcher 3 got pushed back till early next year, but I still got this incredible game to look forward to. Officially announced for October 10th. I really hope this game turns out to be Bioware's best yet; it certainly looks like it will be. But I've learned that big gaming companies have a lot of resources they can use to hype up their game. Still, I am dying to play this!

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » PC Game Discussions