Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » PC Game Discussions

Post subject: The Witcher 3
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:46 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

I bought the Witcher 2 off a deal some time ago on Steam and played for about a day and forgot about it. About a year later, I reinstalled it and played it again. I cannot believe how impressed I am with this game! It's story might be better than even Mass Effect, or even Dragon Age. I just now bought the first game and I am going to play that, then transfer the finished game to the second game and play it over again.

This series is tragically underrated. After finishing the second one, I am thoroughly anxious to see the third one, which is supposed to have total free roam, and the series is interesting because it narrates the story based on the decisions you make throughout the game. So each play-through, if you make different choices, the narrator will tell the story based on those. The story is unbelievable, bearing a complex conspiracy. It's not your typical "save the world from the wretched sorcerer!". It has a real mystery to it about a secret organization trying to gain power over the world through covert operations and your job goes from being a normal witcher (monster hunter) to finding and stopping the conspirators. The complexity of the story was so great, I found it hard to actually follow. I will have to play it again and make sure I take notes of each and every character. I hope with the playing of the first game, it will enlighten me on some information I might have missed.

Anyway, the Witcher 3 is set to come out some time in 2014, and I'm looking forward to it. If you are into RPGs with open-world, real choices that alter the story and outcome, and a real great story, this is something to look into. But if you're not into the whole fantasy thing, then you might want to pass.

Post subject: Re: The Witcher 3
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:08 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

So according to an interview with one of the lead developers I read on IGN, there are THIRTY-SIX POSSIBLE ENDINGS!!! Whoa!

Also, the development team wants to really give you the feeling of being an actual witcher, or monster hunter. Meaning, when you take a job, often times, the cause of the problem prior to the job is not always known, and it's up to you, the Witcher to investigate the incident and discover what is causing the problem. Is it just another person? If so, why? Is it a monster? If so, what kind, and how should you fight it? They are going to make it to where you have to understand what you're up against, and prepare to fight them. The more you prepare, the better your chances of killing the monster.

But it's all up to you how you take on a job. This is sounding too good to be true!

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » PC Game Discussions